Thursday, July 28, 2016

Hawaii Continued

Wouldn't it be great if we all were independently wealthy and could travel the world seeing the sights experiencing the people from around the globe? 

 Each time I travel,  I realize that half the reason I love it so much.... is because of what it forces me to do.  It is a time that I can step out of the world and truly be present with my family.  I dream of taking my kids on service missions and learning history from walking through the streets of Rome. I want them to visit places that make them stop and realize how good life is in America and then I want to just have fun in the sun with them as well.  

So thanks family for always being willing to explore a little more.

These boys are always dreaming up schemes for our next trip!


Nothing beats the mid-day slump  more than sugar!  In high doses in the form of shave ice (don't forget the sweetened condensed milk on top)!  
Yum!


Just enough sugar of course, to power up for the next hike!




Question.... why when you pass a tree,  does it call out, "please climb me"?
  I love to watch the kids climb any kind of tree - because in my mind, it is what makes them a kid, right?


And sometimes when I see a tree I like to climb it as well.  I also like to grab my butt,  just for security purposes.  (Seriously, do I think I am helping myself up that tree by that mindless butt grab?)


Traveling sparks new communication and I would have loved to be a part of this little pow -wow.


In Hawaii there were times when I could have sat and watch my kids play all day, just like a big momma turtle in a hatching zone.  Although, isn't it interesting that this big momma is going to lay her eggs and then head out to sea, where's the fun in that?  Where is the joy in leaving 20- 30 little babies to fend for themselves in the big bad ocean.  Maybe they reconnect later, I guess I don't really know a lot about turtles.




This man (Grandpa B) is the reason we have lots of pictures when we go on vacation.  He is the selfless man behind the camera many a times.


Oh Hawaii, I hope we can "swing" on by another time.



But until then...
like the ocean waves we will just keep rolling on in life until the next adventure pops up.



No comments: