Friday, November 3, 2017

Kauai & Chickens



Dear Kauai,
You are very different than your sister islands!  You rain a lot more, you have way less people and a large population of roaming chickens.  Mamma chickens, baby chickens and daddy chickens that crow, cluck and cockadoodle doo at random hours in the day.  You're the island that really embraces the  word, "chill".  You are what Jurassic Park Dreams are made of and I think I love your laid back attitude.   I love your waterfalls, your hikes, your mystery but most of all I love that you let me visit with  Rand.   





Kauai, Rand did not love your healthy shave ice with natural syrups.  Sorry! He resorted back to the high fructose ones immediately.  




I love your massive waterfalls, although dirty from the small monsoon that happened while we visited you (that kept me indoors, with yummy food, couples massages, you know the horrible stuff) it was a magnificent display of beauty.  
Thanks!


While zip lining over your beautiful mountains and touring overhead by helicopter, once I came to the realization that I wouldn't plunge to my death, puke,  or fall out the open helicopter door....
I really started appreciating your beauty.  
God must truly be an artist.












This picture sums up this relaxing trip for me perfectly.  
It just doesn't get better than this!
(Ok sometimes it does, you know with the kids and stuff)