Thursday, June 26, 2008

Does anyone have a son like this?

As I was scrolling through some pictures today I started to notice a trend with Jake. I have come to the conclusion that I am raising a wild boy. I am putting this out there for you to read (you meaning those of you who actually read this) so that you can either agree that yes my fine young son is wild or you can help me understand that he is very normal (well ok, slightly normal but has tendencies to lean toward the wild side).... That was a very long run on sentence my dad the English Teacher would shutter at my grammar.

1st example... Jake believes he should be a cage fighter and is convincing his friends to join in the craziness.

His personal motto is why have one weapon when you could have three or four?

No need to buy an Indian costume when you can just use markers all over your cousin and it looks much cooler then a Wal Mart costume.

Braden was just enjoying a nice ride when Jake decided that nice was boring and Braden should learn how to pop a wheelie! So I ask again is this normal?

14 comments:

Lisa Rene said...

Oh Shemri, I have 4 sons just like that. In fact Jonah just colored his face and hands with marker today to be a ninja. If it's not normal at least it's exciting.

NatPalmer said...

My vote is that Jake is normal.
Logan is only 2 1/2 & he's already like that. *Sigh.*
Those pictures gave me a good laugh! Thanks! :)
-Natalie

Megan said...

Love it!

Colten and Megan said...

You are so funny. I loved this entry. We especially liked the Indian painting picture.

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

Shem my kids are the same way. I love Jake. He always makes things interesting.

Ashlee said...

Shem, I hope it is normal. Because all three of my boys are like that and I consider them to be partly normal, partly animals. The sad thing is, is that they are teaching their little sister to be just as wild and crazy as them. I really wish you could just spend one crazy day with my four and then I am sure you would consider yours, completely normal.Your boys are darling. Anyway, So I guess we missed you guys the other night or did you not end up coming up? We were bummed not to see you guys. I hope we can plan something and get together soon. Let me know. Take Care my friend!!!

Gretchen said...

It's normal, and makes life very exciting. I loved the Indian paint, very creative.

Tina said...

I wish Ethan was more like Jake, he has no imagination poor little boy... I have been wondering where I left Liza's little jacket...oh well!!! :)have you cooked an egg on your sidewalk yet???

Melinda said...

You know that he has a twin in Mateo :)

The Hawkins Gang said...

Shem, he's a boy! And has Gressmen in him - would you expect anything less? Look how we all used to be when we were younger!

Vegas Emily said...

I am a total blog stalker too! I want to add you to my friends and family list if it's okay.

By the way - your boys are absolutely adorable!

Hannah :] said...

Hey Shemri this is Jennifer's daughter Hannah... Hi I didn't know you had a blog I do it is www.chinchillaslife.blogspot.com and it shows how crazy kids are, plus I am going to have a baby bro and looking at those pics show me how crazy boys are wish me luck!

Mama said...

Hey you found us! Call next time you are in Vegas, come swim!
9822200!
Love, Melinda

Elizabeth said...

Shem! Your blog is one of my favorites! I'm pretty sure Connor is going to be wild too. :)