Thursday, March 25, 2010

Salsa and Chips for every meal!

Ok! Ok! My life has slowed down for a minute and I find myself at the computer looking at pictures of why my life has been so crazy lately. I must say however, I would much rather be busy then wondering what to do next! Everyone knows we love to travel, we like to go whenever we get the chance and the chance presented itself and we took it! We grabbed our passports and headed to Mexico!

Mexico Day 1 and 2 (I realize those of you who read this do not need such an in depth look into our personal lives but my journal does need me to jot down a memory or two!)

Considering this ride to the airport is at 4am in the morning we look exceptionally happy! Brady just wanted to ride the shuttle for "a little bit longer".

Mexico means fun and our resort was fun! My personal favorite was the all inclusive buffet. I have never been very good at math but let me give it a try..... buffet for 4 days + 2 plates of food (skipping the salad) + 2-3 desserts after every meal including breakfast = 5 pounds of extra weight on the plane ride home. I ask myself was it worth it?????

It was totally worth it. This picture is Shemri genuinely smiling. No fake posed smile here. This is happiness!

When in Mexico I am sure rules do not apply. Braden figured this out by skipping the meal and going straight for the ice cream. Grandpa made sure he had lots of sprinkles.

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for coming with us, who knew "old" people could be so fun!

Braden has an intense relationship with Diego and Dora. I am not quite sure if it is a healthy relationship! As of late it has been leading to an addiction and not just merely a past time. Mexico was a dream come true for Braden allowing him to live out life long fantasies of being an animal rescuer. His life is a little more complete for sure and my life, well, it just has a few more germs in it. Monkeys are germy right? Aren't they the blame for most human diseases??

Oh doesn't Braden look so cute? Little do you know he is just pooping in a bike rack, he thinks we can't see him! Think it is time to finish potty training?

Xel Ha pronounced shell - ha! Great place with amazing rivers to snorkel. Let me explain personalities of our group snorkeling...Rand(thinks he is an olympic diver and instructor of the group), Jake (completely fearless and could not get out of eyesight fast enough), Shemri (Why snorkel when you can float with a cute 2 yr old on your lap?), Braden (Why float on this tube when we could be swimming, "I will throw a huge fit to show mom I am old enough to snorkel too!), Lee (Anxiety and not going to do it! Good thing he kept at it, he loved it in the end), Charlene("if I could just figure out what to do with my hair getting tangled in the mask the snorkeling would be a piece of cake"!).



Is it sad that we only knew the name of fish that are featured in "Finding Nemo" and we knew all of the birds names because we saw them in one of Braden's jungle books, or that some animals we only knew the Spanish name because Diego and Dora didn't teach us them in English?




Next stop Tulum - Ancient Mayan Ruins!
When the tour guide says "ride the bus if you can't keep up" Jake takes this seriously. Jake was on his tail the whole time. Proud momma moment.....Jake is a great traveler, he is up for anything, never complains, loves to learn and I just love this little guy!

Braden on the other hand is two! (Need I say more?) Just kidding he is up for anything as long as he does it on daddy's shoulders, he only complains when he is hungry, tired or before noon (he is a night owl) and he loves to learn too, I just love this little guy as well!

Do I look as if I am pondering the ancient civilization that used to live here? I probably was but actually I am wondering where I can change a stinky bum and is it disrespectful to do it on ancient holy grounds? Braden always has great timing. In the end we were ok but I hope the Mayans have not cursed me!

What a cute little traveling family I have, if I do say so myself!!

How do you end a perfect day in Mexico??? You guessed it, guacamole and chips and salsa and fajitas and taquitos and ice cream and 1 or 2 more pounds.

5 comments:

Rosalyn said...

How fun!! I am itching to be in warm weather! Sick of the snow already.

The Christians said...

Fun, I am glad you got some pics up!

Julie said...

So fun! You guys have a great life!

Hopes Family said...

How do your in-law feel about you calling them "old"? Have a good Easter, I'm sorry you can't hack the cold with us. Just giving ya a hard time!

Heather said...

Hey Miss Skinny Minny! You look fab.