Sunday, July 18, 2010

Time is Flying...

And I am happy to report I have spent the majority of it far from HOT Mesquite. When I first moved to Mesquite I was informed by a very reliable source that there were two seasons here in Mesquite. The 1st one being summer and the 2nd being Hell. Not trying to be vulgar just stating the facts. I don't have to tell you what season we are in now, just come and visit me. I will give you one hint.... when I got into my parked car the other day the temperature read 128 degrees. Did you know that a car thermometer could report 128? Me either!

Today is Sunday and when I walked in the door from church I declared that it was time for moving! Every summer I come home from somewhere sweating under my layers of clothes toting my darling hot bodied little kids in the house and state the fact that we are moving and that Rand better start looking for another job. I then proceed to eliminate all unnecessary clothing, put on my basketball shorts, wipe the sweat off my darling children and myself (yes girls sweat too, call it perspire or glisten, I call it sweat). Lay on the couch and eat otter pops. Speaking of otter pops, why is it that when you open the freezer anticipating a yummy blue raspberry or pink lemonade you can only find 17 orange flavored ones that no one else wanted to eat either? (You know what I am talking about).

Complaining aside...I am sure that in a few months I will write in my journal that I love Mesquite and I don't know how anyone could actually live in the snow but for now I choose to complain. Complain loudly because I am home for an entire week. I think it is the first full week we have been home since school got out in June! Not to worry however because Friday I leave for the next week and escape the heat once again!

So where have we been and what have we been doing?

Summer would not be complete without watching a freakishly weird mermaid in a huge aquarium blow bubbles at my little guys. Jake was mesmerized Braden hid!

Attending a class at Bass Pro Shop is a "must" or so the boys told me!
We picked out the next toy on our "wish list". The wish list never seems to get smaller. Oh the "worldly desires of our hearts"!!!
A trip to REI is fine with me because across the street is P.F. Changs and Cheesecake Factory! Please tell me you have tried the white chocolate macadamia nut cheesecake? If you have not I rebuke you and tell you that you haven't tasted heaven until you have indulged in this favorite of mine!

On to the wild, and my adventurous little family.... Exploring a new trail, picking berries for a war and hanging with Ali. Great day indeed.



Returning home for a day of laundry and Eclipse (great movie even if I am a teenage wannabe--I really like giant sized wolves).

My cute little hubby had my boys in bed when I came home and almost Layla. Why is it that I never thought to stick my baby on the floor and take a nap with a pillow on my head to block the noise of the boys out???? Dad's just must be smarter than mom's!

Off to Enterprise to celebrate the 4th! Every year we attend the program and every year I cry as the songs of the different branches of the armed forces are sung and the old veterans stand up. Note to self.. find a way to instill patriotism and love of country to my kids. Keep up old traditions. (Just future reference of when I am a super mom and I have a summer class for my kids on being patriotic, it will happen it just might be with my grandkids).

Who would have thought that I of all people would end up with 3 beautiful children all dressed in red, white and blue? Let's change that thought - I knew if I had children they would be matchy, matchy and dressed for holidays. I just never believed I would be blessed with 3. Oh how lucky I am?

Taking pictures of this little cutie just makes me happy!

Rand keeping the string band memory alive. I am so proud of Rand he looks so cute with all those string banders!

Left Enterprise to head to Payson and create some magic with Grandpa's magical firework show! Thanks Grandpa!

There is something so magical about sparklers on the 4th of July when you are a kid. I think it must be the anticipation of possibly burning your hand off and the ability to write in the air your name over and over. Whatever it is I hope the magic never ends!



I will have to post every day this week to ever get this summer caught up, good thing it is going to be like 120 million degrees every day this week and I will be home with nothing to do but blog! Ya right, have you ever kept kids entertained indoors all day? Why do you think I leave all summer? Anyhow if I am not organizing my closets and painting the boys rooms and making freezer jam and swimming and playing board games with my over intelligent children I might get caught up on this old blog!

4 comments:

Shrek said...

Thanks for stopping in to say hello when in Vegas. I love Bass Pro to ya know!

Shelly said...

My kids even eat the orange ones. They leave 147 yellow ones!! That was funny!! Your kids are adorable too. Layla is getting so big!! I want to hold her before she gets big enough to walk.

Colten and Megan said...

Its been fun seeing so much of you guys! Sadly I only have a few weeks left until I get to be an adult with responsibilites again. See ya this weekend!

Deana Hunt said...

We love hearing about all of your adventures. Thank you for sharing!