Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer

Summer is coming to an end and I am trying to figure out if I am happy or sad about this fact. I am usually a list person (I love to make lists, I even write make a list on my list!) All though I am a list kind of a girl this does not mean that I actually ever accomplish the list. Being sidetracked is usually what I get done the most. For an example I wanted to write a list of pros and cons about why I was either happy or sad that summer is coming to an end and now I just went on a tangent and a really long run on sentence about "lists".

Cons -
I will have to stay home for more than 5 days in a row.
Jake my little helper and entertainer of BMan will be gone 6 -7 hours a day.
I will have to start cooking dinner at least 3 -4 times a week.
Responsibility is going to have to come into play sometime or other.
Swimming every evening in the backyard flood created by Braden will have to cease and bedtimes will be enforced.
Extended family will be busy and we won't get to visit as much.

Pros -
Staying home "might" provide me with an organized, clean house.
Jake will not be able to drive Braden nuts all day. No fighting.
Cooking dinner will help me loose the 10lbs gained from eating on the road all summer.
Swimming and summer will be replaced with hiking and Fall.
The friends we have not seen in Mesquite all summer will now become a welcome sight in our house.

I could go on and on but I think I have convinced myself that change is good!

Summer has been good to us, here is a quick look of the last two weeks.


Girls trip to Vegas no kids allowed! Two teenagers and two non teenagers means happy good times shopping and eating.

Layla is chillin with one of her favorite aunties

I am roasting pig intestine on a stick and I think it tastes gourmet.

Our professional fisherman keeps improving his ability and skill. The fish he caught at the end of the summer are actually the size of the ones he told stories about at the beginning of the summer.

Braden could have spent his whole summer hanging with Drew and been perfectly content. Sidenote... I realize Braden does not match whatsoever but he would wear this shirt everyday if we would let him.



We recently returned from a week at Nana's house. We did it all... The Dinosaur Museum, swimming and Carbon County Fair, (where I witnessed that clothes don't need to cover your body, it is very much an option in Carbon County). Jake impressed us with his snake whispering and caught a snake on his own, Braden caught ants that became pets and Layla was a perfect angel. I must not forget that Nana has a freshly painted living room and new carpet too! I mention all of this because I did not think it was possible to have fun and not take pictures but I learned differently. I forgot my camera and all this fun happened without one single picture to document it.
Oh summer is good!

No comments: