October was gone. Did you miss it too? I really think that getting older makes the years go by faster and sometimes I just want it to slow down and sometimes I am like Yee Haw let's get it over with! October was fast and furious and these 580 pictures only show the half of it!
1st week in October - Jake was baptized, Nick stayed with us for a week and we headed to Vegas. Braden loved Vegas and insisted to be a part of the Blue Man Group.
2nd Week in October - Rand left me again to fulfill his desire to be at one with nature in the great outdoors of Wyoming. Jake mighty hunter in training accompanied Rand for a few days of this trip and then flew home with Grandma and Grandpa Bracken. I hung out with BMan and Little Miss Layla in lovely little Mesquite!
I discovered nature for one day and took the kids Pine Nut Picking with the Brackens. I love sporting knee pads in the forest but Braden's shin guards say, "serious pine nut picker". Don't mind my gloves, but seriously have you tried to get tree sap off your hands before? By the way, yummy, salty pine nuts fresh out of the microwave scream Fall! Did I fail to mention I love Fall?
I question if Dallin, Gavin and Mikey look cozy all sharing the 4wheeler or if they look cold or if they just look like 3 boys who really need one more 4 wheeler?
This is my son known as Jake, at least I think. It gives me comfort to know when he is away from me Rand keeps him toasty warm and looking a little bit like a spooky hunter that supports the University of Utah.
Oh there he is! I knew this handsome little face would emerge from the picture above.
I could write an entire blog entry about what these boys did for another 9 days in the mountains but it would be all male humor, a little bit gross and probably not as funny as these 3 brothers think they were or are for that matter. (Glad they got the male bonding time)! Whenever Braden sees this picture he says, "there is dad and dad and dad", do they really look alike?
This is my husband known as Rand or the lead singer of the Zach Brown Band?? If it is you Rand, I missed you!
I ask the question... is it still hunting when your spotting scope stands unattended and you sleep peacefully camouflaged in the bushes?
3rd Week of October - More hunting this time it was a family affair in the great town of Enterprise.
Miss Layla always dressed appropriately sported her pink camouflage and enjoyed some quality time with her very "ambitious" hunter dad!
I would love to say this big guy was Rand's deer but it really was taken by his gorgeous little cousin who didn't mind the trio standing for a pose.
3rd Week of October (continued) - Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze.
Braden loves, loves, loves animals and the petting zoo was to him as chocolate is to me, do you understand this relationship?
We watched him bask in animal stinky glory but decided to stand outside the gate full of little chocolate covered raisins.
The corn maze makes my guys look a little more manly.
To bad my manly men had to follow us girls to the center of the spider maze. Layla and I found it as they were still looking at the map.
These little guys were particularly picky when it came to pickin pumpkins. Say that two times I dare you?
Us girls just stayed back at the barn and listened to the crazy pumpkin man sing, L thought it was great!
I love these little cuties!
From pumpkin patch to pumpkin carving, this is not my forte, I tend to think carving is tedious work.
In the end they turned out great and I think the boys have a little better attention span than the "all yellow personality mom"!
4th week of October - Last the best, for sure! (To be continued)
1 comment:
At least you got your carved. I bought pumpkins on Monday and they are still in my garage. Maybe I'll let them draw faces on them tomorrow. At least they won't get smashed on Halloween.
Post a Comment