Here is how his special day went!
1st of all I have to admit I was a wee bit stressed! We had lots of family coming and I wanted it to be perfect, you know the house spotless, treats prepared, dinner ready and nothing but peaceful kids and wonderful conversation? I then realized my stress was coming from trying to avoid reality. The reality that is when all my family comes there are lots of kids and trying to pretend that we don't live in our house or ever get toys out is unnecessary stress.
2nd - Thank you! Thank you family! Rand and I have been so blessed to be surrounded my so much family who love and support us and especially me, even in my craziest hours (you know the time when I make mom drive me to Pizza Hut to see how big the pastas look because I don't believe them when they say they serve 6)! When did I become such a weirdo? Jake felt loved and honored that so many people came to support him!
3rd - Thank you to my husband and mom who sat me down mid-day and told me to reflect on the meaning of this day and that there would be plenty of food for all! (By the way our pasta and salad turned into the loaves and fishes and we could have fed the 5000)!
4th - Thank you to a beautiful 8 year old son, who even through his stubbornness makes good choices. He loves his Heavenly Father and tries to be an example for his younger brother and sister. Jake is a special guy in our family and we could not imagine our lives without his crazy self. He keeps us laughing and guessing what will come next that's for sure.
I have heard that, "kids are like pancakes...you usually ruin the 1st one but the rest turnout just fine!
Thanks Jake, for being my pancake! Hope you don't have to attend therapy in the future because I forgot to mix you well and you were a little lumpy, burnt on one side and doughy on the other. Just know I always experiment with food and you can fix any pancake with butter and syrup and a scoop of whip cream. Just know that you will always be my scoop of whip cream even if I did ruin you a little.
5th - Thank you to my family who turned the baptism into a weekend event and celebrated in our lovely little town of Mesquite. Thank you to Rand's family who made it through thick and thin (car trouble) to attend and show Jake how much you love him. Thank you lady on the side of the road who picked up Rand's grandmas so that they would not miss the baptism. Thank you to my crazy aunts and their crazy families for doting on my kids and husband making me feel like I have the best family in the entire world (even though I know I do).
6th Thank you to my two sisters who through everything are always at my beck and call willing to do anything I ask them. They are even willing to let me still boss them around like when we were kids. You two are amazing and I owe you a huge THANK YOU! (Ali I don't know why I don't have one picture of you I know you were here and your darling family - so just know I know you were here)!
7th Last but not least thank you to a wonderful husband who is worthy to baptize his son! Thank you for teaching the gospel to your family and keeping us as your 1st priority.
I think this family picture is hilarious, let me tell you why!
1st of all there is Braden and me! I look like I am posing for an election campaign commercial and Braden looks like he just might be the politician with that smile!
2nd There is these 3! Layla is girly and she is either fixing Jake's unruly hair or pronouncing him best brother (does it really matter what she is doing when she is so cute and gets to wear silver ballet slippers? I have dreamed of having a girl just to buy silver ballet slippers for.) Jake is smiling for all it's worth considering he has no teeth right now and Rand is sporting his Grizzly Adams beard. (I actually think he looks quite handsome in his "hunting beard"). Side note when Rand was baptized his dad sported a full beard as well. It was however in the early 80's but hey interesting side note still the same).
I hope I am not being blasphemous, I just think this picture is hilarious!
The Grandma's and Grandpa's! (Not pictured here are the Bracken side, they were sweating profusely on the side of the road waiting for any of us to answer our cell phones)!
The good eating on a hot Mesquite night!
The Great Grandma's and Miss Bunny! Thank you!
More good times sweatin on the patio!
Lee found himself right at home amongst the crazy aunts, dessert and me! He gets a little crazy too, he won't admit it but I've seen his wild side come out!

These are all the pictures I took because I remembered to just enjoy the day and my beautiful family!

2 comments:
First, congrats Jake! Wish we were there!
I love the family picture, especially Braden's smile and Layla touching Jake's head. It won't be long before she is chasing them around in all her cuteness. We all knew it would be like this, but Layla always looks like a little fashionista. So fun!
PS...we are coming down next weekend!! YEAH!
Congrats to Jake! And nice work on the party Shemri!
Post a Comment