Friday, November 18, 2011

A man of vision!

Tell me you have seen Lonesome Dove! 
Well I have, and many trail rides in the mountains with my family were spent acting out the characters of this family favorite.  Every one took on the role that fit close to their own personalities.  My brother Jake was always Deets (he would sneak away on his horse just to scout out the territory in front of us).  I was Laurie Darlin (minus the "g" on darling).  And other than the fact that I have never been a harlot (like she was at one time) I like this character just fine!   This show brought my family endless fun in the valleys and mountains behind our cabin as we rode horses every summer.

One of my lovely sons even shares a middle name with Agustus MaCrae (favorite character) and I was attracted to my "gruff" husband as he seems to resembles Woodrow Call (my other favorite character).  Why the background on a cowboy show?

  Because......... just like Woodrow  my husband is a man of vision!  

He is a man who feels more comfortable freezing his patootie off in the mountains waiting to stalk a deer than about anywhere else.  He loves the thrill of hiding in a bush and hearing an elk snort just yards away from him, he loves the adrenaline rush that comes as the long hours of stalking pay off with a broadside shot!  He loves the talk, the gear and the bonding with other "ruff and tumble men of vision"!  I think he secretly loves camouflage and playing with toys like spotting scopes and range finders! (Come to think of it there is nothing different between him and my boys - they never really grow up).  He is visionary in the fact that he dreams of what the hunt will be like, he puts in the hours and then he revels in the thrill of it all as it comes to fruition!
I secretly think he looks hot with a beard and wearing camo too. (I would never tell him, for fear it would encourage the purchasing of more, we already have an entire section of our closet taken up by camo clothes).  

The Visionary Man



Although Rand didn't have a tag this year he put in just as many hours guiding his brother and helping Mical get this deer!



It made the record books and they were about as happy as two "little" (  oops, grown up) kids could be!

This year I think they were even more excited than the kiddos!


I must not forget the other deer shot this year by Miss Diana and Dylan!
 I think Rand gutted every deer this year.. he even gave an anatomy lesson on Dylan's deer to all the grandkids.  I was listening and now can identify heart chambers, liver, stomach and intestines.  What a learning experience (I guess that is what you get when a medical guy guts the deer).  I wish I would have had my camera when Dylan shot his deer and Miss Layla marched right up to it and grabbed his head with no fear, Rand was so proud he was beaming!  I, on the other hand let all the kids know that killing wasn't necessary and that if any of them decided not to hunt and just take pictures that was ok too!  He He! 

They say if you have the vision,  it will come true.....Or was that if you build it, they will come?
I think I have my movies mixed up!






No comments: