We must head out.... out of town that is......home to Utah!
Meet Bucky.........formerly known as Jack..... my kids renamed him Shadow!
This horse of many names is the newest of Grandpa's horses and he is full of surprises.
As you can see Shadow is missing his tooth and is in dire need of a teeth cleaning, but he is kind of cute don't you think?
Jake appears rather calm in this next picture but don't let this photo fool you. Let me explain, Grandpa gave him the reigns and told him to ride around the arena by himself. Who knew that Shadow had other things in mind and would race out of the arena, through the weeds and around the corrals. Jake sat cool as a cucumber in the saddle as he galloped out of control and eventually stopped the racing Shadow! With no feet in the stirrups I was so impressed at this 9 yr old's ability to ride. I must mention that I was also impressed with my dad racing after the horse to rescue Jake. Who said a man in his 50's can't run like the wind?
Quite the adventure.....Jake summed it up with profound words of his own, "Dude mom, that was sort of freaky!"
The BMan would have rode all day if we let him, he loves the horses!
I would have to say that Braden gets the most excited to ride out of all my kiddos, the only thing he would have liked more is a ride on a motorcycle, he assures us every day that he needs his own motorcycle.......we inform him everyday that he must learn to ride without his training wheels first!
Oh Miss Layla who has to wear Braden's old coat! I am sorry that your style is not better but your Yee Haws were fantastic!
"B" thought giving Lu Lu a ride was a super great idea until he shared the saddle and realized Miss Lu Lu has a set of thighs on her that can squish anyone right out of the saddle! You go get em Layla, show them that a woman can ride on her own!
I mean no offense to my mom that I just introduced a horse and now I am introducing her, but.......meet
Nana!
Nana is always teaching and always experimenting. After giving Jake some science books to read for the night they decided to go for some experimentation of their own! Volcanoes were their choice of pleasure and I think Nana had as much fun as the boys did. After using an entire box of baking soda and a new bottle of vinegar they continued experimenting with lemon juice, red sprinkles and a few chocolate chips contributed by Braden.
Brady Bug seems a bit bored by the whole experiment but he was just mad I made him pick up his cereal before he could play Science Nerd too!
See how his cereal is all picked up and now he is participating? I must work on my follow through!
Next project - car ramps, thanks Nana for keeping these crazy boys entertained!
No comments:
Post a Comment