Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong time era! Most people know that I am intrigued with King Arthur, his Knights of the Round Table and his lovely wife Queen Guinevere! I know I would love to be a queen for a day just to rule a castle, throw my power around and experience the magnificence of life as a queen in medieval times! Actually women did not have a lot of say back then and the castle may have been damp and cold....oh never mind I would have loved it!
Let's make it clear, however when I think of queen, I am not talking about this kind of queen.....
I envision something more magical and mysterious like this!
With my ongoing fascination of King Arthur, it is not a surprise that my passion is contagious to the kids! Jake has seen the Excalibur show in Vegas a few times but Rand and I both knew it was time for BMan and Miss Lu Lu to experience the magic with us!
It was spectacular! We ate cornish game hens with our hands, devoured 7up in mugs and cheered on the dragon as he fought the noble knights! We cheered and clapped and yelled Hezah, we raised our glasses and cheered with the princesses (in my mind it was magical)!
Getting ready for show time! (I was explaining how I should have been born a queen, they were not buying it for a second, Jake explained that he was only born to be a servant and I assured him he was at least peasant status)! Nice game face BMan!
Miss Layla does not really love to be social with strangers, infact she is a bit of a social snob! Let me explain.....constantly people are approaching her with comments like, "look at that darling hair, she is such a cutie, look at those curls!" She simply grunts and turns her head and it is very apparent that she feels absolutely no desire to people please. All of this considered made this next moment entirely wonderful for me.....she was intrigued with the princesses and after the show was over she insisted on meeting one. To our surprise she even laid a huge hug on this random stranger. I guess in princess land, no princess is ever a stranger!
(Such a fuzzy picture but she was memorized all the same!)
Cheering for the dragon team made Jake's day. Realizing that Jake is like the "coolest brother" in the world made Braden's day apparently! Braden is oblivious to the scary dude posing behind him!
The one and only King of France (the boy's favorite)!
The show was the hit of the night but the arcade wasn't too bad either! Anytime you can spend $30.00 to win tickets and then turn in those tickets to trade for plastic frogs and sequin studded bling necklaces (probably ordered from China for three cents) has got to be fun, right?
We knew the night had been a success as we were walking out of the Excalibur. Braden, who had transformed into a knight was chopping Jake's (the evil King) legs in half all the way to the car and as I watched this violent act I smiled, realizing that sometimes you just have to let boys be boys.
And sometimes you have to let little girls explain back to you what they saw at the Excalibur show.
Miss Layla was wired when we returned home and in the best 1yr old language she could muster gave us her rundown of the nights events.
(I wish we would have recorded the 10 minutes previous when she was explaining how scared she was).
Don't mind my dorky face expressions I was really concentrating on what this little one yr old had to say!
Love my little family!

2 comments:
This looks awesome Shemri! I have been wanting to take Jed and the boys forever! You've inspired me to DO IT! Now...do you buy your tickets online or go for a half price deal when you get there?
Such a chatty girl! She's incredible and so adorable! I still marvel at the miracle that brought her to you guys.
Post a Comment