I think February must have been a random month for us. At least that is the conclusion I came to as I looked through pictures one early morning! I realized that sometimes pictures stir up memories that make you laugh. You know, good laughs.....the kind of laugh you have to stifle when everyone else is in bed and it's 1 am and you have insomnia. The problem with this is the next day when you are overly tired.... what kept you in stitches the night before is really not funny at all.
In the middle of the night these simple ironies made me laugh!
This makes me laugh,
because this doll looks like.........
This!
(It also makes me laugh because the girl who changes her clothes multiple times a day ironically prefers her baby to be naked). Perhaps she has an artistic eye and needs a blank pallet for what will soon become a perfect vision!
This makes me laugh,
because Valentines Day is for lovebirds and even though Rand was away I was in love with the philosophy of sprinkles as shown by a 1 and 3 yr old. Simple theory.... too much is never enough!
This makes me laugh,
because even when Rand was away I still had a houseful of dates!
This makes me laugh,
The only memory of my fun February getaway weekend with Rand and no children is a picture of Rand and Mikey with dead animals in the background! What's even funnier is that it looks like they are on a date for Morp with their matching shirts and similar facial hair! Way to break up the cream shirt with the black vest Rand, really going out on a limb there!
Just for memory sake.....we had a great weekend! There was the dead animal show (hunting expo) but more importantly was that we hooked up with our best friends Matt and Shan for the day and then completed the night with Mikey, Diana and my lovely cousins, Justin and Angie for a spectacular date night!
This really made me laugh! Not only is my little family a bit redneck we could also apply "white trash" to our resumes. Let me explain.....moto cross came to Mesquite (I hate to admit, I really liked it)! But instead of paying the price to get in and feed our children the overly priced food we drove through McDonalds getting the family chicken nugget deal and then hopped a fence at the top of a big dirt hill to view the motorcycles and enjoy our little picnic. Yes, there were pokey bushes and other rednecks around but the kids loved it and I think we had by far the best view of the track!
This makes me laugh, (why else would I include a hideous picture of myself if it did not make me laugh)? If you look closely Miss Layla has a bow in her hair but insisted on wearing a hot pink headband across the top of her head as well that day. What is also funny is the fact that we have a set of headbands that just appeared at our house one day (if it is your's, sorry she has claimed it as her own)!
Last but not least!
I think it's funny that I enjoy motor cross, after watching these pros jump you would too, I just know it!


3 comments:
You didn't happen to get that headband in Enterprise did you? I think we left Malia's there at Christmas. It looks cuter on Layla anyway (and we already replaced it.) You can never have too many bows in curly hair :)
You make me laugh. You are not even in pink neck territory, silly. Im so glad you found my blog so I can follow yours.
And you didn't invite us. Don't you know that my family has an obsession with motorcycles. Jas says to tell you to let us know the next time motocross is there and we'll join you.
Post a Comment