I am going to let you in on a little observation I have made in the last few weeks.
1st, let me explain....when Jake is home Braden is his shadow! Jake is very aware of the fact that Braden pretty much wants to do, act and be "exactly" like him. (No pressure there big brother)!
This is where my observation applies...........when Jake leaves for school, BMan becomes the "big man" and Miss Layla tries to replicate everything Braden does.
Observation Number Two......Braden being the middle child is much more flexible and not quite as demanding as the oldest child. He gives a little, takes a little and it makes mornings at our house a great adventure.
It starts like this!
(Just kidding - if you know BMan you know that he is absolutely not a morning person)! This is taken some time around 10 AM when he is playing not waking!
Mornings always start with a cartoon and then out to the tramp!
Yes this is February in Mesquite, jumping outside at 9Am happens most winter long.
Remember I said it's about give and take for BMan?
It's also about being fair and Braden usually is fair.
It's also about being fair and Braden usually is fair.
For example it's only fair that if Miss Lu Lu can play cars all morning......
He can be Snow White for a minute, right?
Shh, don't tell Rand or Jake about this picture.... it only lasted for a minute and was completely harmless. Miss Layla had been carrying it around all morning just begging someone to put it on. Thank you BMan for making her day.
Five minutes later he became a King and I got a picture to embarrass him for the rest of his teenage life!
Observation #3......... The oldest child returns from school and the middle child adjusts very quickly to the crazy testosterone that has just entered the house.
BMan became Jake's best friend and Layla is left in the dust!
If anyone is worried that "middle children" do not have a strong identity, they should meet Braden! This son of mine knows exactly who he is, he is kind, fair and adaptable! (A few traits I would love to have)
Thanks for being exactly who you are, B Man!

3 comments:
I love b-man. I am pathetic, I see you more than most people see their sisters and it is never enough for me. I wish we could hang out more, but I'm grateful for what we get.
I so miss him! ANd my boys do the tramp thing in the morning too...haven't yet figured out why, but whatever works!
My middle child has a very spicy personality of her own. I notice the same things - when Easton is home, she wants to be like him. When it is her and Khylie, she is the boss. Bless the hearts of the middle children!
Post a Comment