Wednesday, April 18, 2012

March Madness

March Madness means many things at our house and one of those things is countless basketball games on TV!  Rand would say that it is all about basketball, seeing as he took 2nd place in two different bracket picks.  He made just enough money to take his family to dinner, (don't quit your day job Rand)!  I don't give him props near enough on this blog so honey here  you go, "you are a basketball champ, you know how to pick em' even when no one else does, you know the brackets like the back of your hand and we are so proud of you!"  Is participation in a bracket competition a little like gambling, hmm maybe we are not so proud?

March Madness also meant,

Finishing up two more seasons of flag football!  
Between Jake and Braden we spent four nights a week at the football field!



Not Braden's most agressive moment but it gives you the idea of flag football for 4 and 5 year olds!

Jake's team went undefeated this season and his coach printed out these pictures before the last game was even played.  There was no doubt this team would finish strong!


March Madness became March bliss when one of my best friends (Shannon) came to stay with me for 4 days!  We shopped, went to the movies, ate and then ate some more and talked until the wee hours of the morning or until I fell asleep!

Shan and I always have so much fun together you would never know it because it has never been documented by pictures.

So for your benefit this next picture is what we think we are in our minds!  

She is Snow White and that means I must be Cinderella!  Too bad that my blonde is somewhat fake and her dark has now been touched up a few times or two, we still put these two to shame!


March madness included not one, not two but 3 hunting banquets!  Rand assures me that they are tax deductible and for a good cause....and because of this reason I usually go to one a year just to be a "good wife"!
I mean what's not to love, dutch oven dinner, rednecks and raffles........  A hunters dream!  Jake's dream was fulfilled by Mr Dave who got this lovely deer for Jake to practice archery!  Thanks ever so much, you never can have to many foam deer in your life!


Field Trip to Vegas with Jake = March Madness (no explanation needed)!  So maddening in fact that this was the picture I got.  I think Jake is the one in the grey shirt!


Last but not least!
March made Braden a determined little guy!
He wants a motorcycle and he learned to ride with out training wheels to prove he is now old enough to get one.  We should have taken his training wheels off months ago, he was an old pro!


2 comments:

The Christians said...

I've been waiting for a post from you~ Very fun!! Good job Braden.

Jill Lewis said...

Great job Braden and Jake! It's so fun to see your blog. Thanks for the updates! Your kids are growing up so quickly! I'm glad you had some great girl time with Shannon. Take Care!