Sunday, December 2, 2012

We trained, we ran and some of us......

Conquered!

And by training, I mean Rand did amazing and I tried to run once a week!

Let me also say, I hate running!  
I like how I feel when I am done running - I just don't like the before or during part.  
So,
if I hate running why do I continue to try and do it?

Rand had an amazing idea for the whole family to run the Snow Canyon races together!  How could I possibly say no to a "family bonding time"?  Brooke jumped on board and decided her whole family would run as well and by this time there was no getting out of it for me!  
So..........
this is how it went down!

Rand and Brooke ran the half marathon,
Jason and me ran the 5K
Jake and Johnny ran the 1 mile
and
McKinley, Tyler and Braden all ran the 400!

Nana came down to help with Brooke's kids and Grandma Bracken was there to cheer us on and keep Miss Layla out of trouble!

Rand had been training really well and after the Elk hunt thought his lungs were in pretty great shape, things were looking great for his first half marathon, 
until............
one little 40 pound girl took off running and he took off running after her.  Sounds pretty normal, right? As he lifted this "solid" Miss Layla up she flung and his back flung another way! 
 Ouch!
He was out for a few weeks and then was hit with a nasty head cold but he persevered and made his goal of under two hours!  (I truly was so proud of him)!
Brooke ran an amazing race as usual even though she was dehydrated and felt like crap to (put it nicely)!  Plug for Brooke - she is the sweetest sister anyone could ever have, she even made care packages for all of us on race day!

The man of the hour was Jason who placed and ran a 5k in 19 minutes, I mean who really does this?  
I finished and vowed to never run again!
The kids did great and all in all it was a fun day - I just felt skinner being around so many runners at the same time.  My new strategy is to sign Rand up for races and I hang out at the finish line - that should count for exercise right???

Enjoy our day through pictures, we sure did!

Finish line almost and not even breaking a sweat.




Favorite pictures of the day!  




Jakey coming in strong!


Mr. BMan!

Can't wait until next year!


2 comments:

The Hawkins Gang said...

That's awesome!!!! I'm starting training for my first 5k in March. I loved that the kids all ran!

The Christians said...

Very fun! Our kids did run the 200 by the way.