We are well aware that the boys in our family our hunters
but,
do you know why I like hunting?????
Because aunts and uncles I haven't seen forever come together!
(I also realize that my family is as "nuts"as I remember and thats why I love them)
It gives you time to try and figure out if your cousin had kids and you had kids then that makes them...
2nd cousins once removed! (I think that was the consensus)!
In true Layla fashion this picture shows that she had a little attitude with her (2nd cousins once removed) but Miss Avery and Mr. Stetson played the "posing" part just right!
I also like hunting because my kids spent 3 days digging for dinosaur fossils!
and looking for beaver dams.
and,
I wasn't worried there would be too many deer killed when Grandpa took out this many kids at one time.
Oh and what better time to bond with Grandpa then a little life lesson on the mountain!
(Take a look at Johnny when Grandpa ask the kids to point in the direction of camp)!
So if those are not enough reasons here is a few more why I like hunting.....
No TV, No Telephone, No Computers and No worries!
Guitars and singing around the campfire, hunting stories and memories we all stop to think about!
Wish I had a picture of the 18 adults, 16 kids and 5 dogs that all went with us, but this will have to do.
Favorite Memory is also a sad one.
The last day of our hunt just happened to be the same day my grandpa passed away from a heart attack many years ago. He was returning from the morning hunt when he collapsed in the canyon just over from where we were camping. My dad holds onto the lifetime of memories he created with his dad and brothers as they hunted every year together. What a legacy to my grandpa to have us all there together as a family doing what he loved. How happy I was to have my own little family there that day with my dad as he now replaces sad memories with happier times.
I cherish the joy the mountains give my own children and could not ask for a better place for my kids to create a lifetime of memories.







1 comment:
can you copy and paste this over to my blog please? I am way behind.
Post a Comment