Celine Dion that is!
Rand bought me tickets to Celine Dion and I loved it!
Should I be embarrassed to say that out loud?
Well I'm not, I am owning it and let me tell you why I loved it...
she is fantastic!
I have been to many concerts and never have I heard such excellent and effortless singing. I must add that she is also smokin hot for someone even older than me.
I of course did not bring my camera and as an afterthought I must mention my New Years Resolution.....
my new goal is to take a picture that is:
1. Not blurry
and,
2. Does not include any random people who I don't know. I fear that one day they will eventually find themselves somewhere on my blog and will sue me for everything I make.
(That would actually be ok seeing the fact that I don't contribute monetarily to the family)!
Now back to Celine, well let's go back a little farther.
Do you know what a shot show is? Well I do, it means that Rand's brothers fly in and they all meet in Vegas and they walk around booths for two days grunting and laughing and doing all manner of boy things. They carry "man bags" and fill them up with stuff! They dream of the day they will hunt in Africa wearing the perfect camo and collect every bit of info on guns and bows that they possibly can.
This is some famous guy that Rand watches on TV. He has a hunting show and I don't know what it is but if you saw my DVR and the 30 to 40 hunting shows Rand watches you would be confused too!
(Sounds amazing, I know, right?)
I don't know how this happened but this year Rand surprised me and left his brothers for the evening to take me to Celine Dion. I think he caught a little flack for it but in the end I know he loved Celine just as much as I did.
So,
We drove to Vegas, he went with the boys, I went to Hobby Lobby (by myself - which is really a dream come true) and then we were going to meet up for dinner later.
BUT,
I got invited to have dinner with my father in law, my husband and my darling 4 brother-in-laws.
Dinner was interesting and I found myself just sitting back and listening to the guys talk, really not that different than a night with the girls.
This is where the story changes -the cute brothers exited (under the chaperoning of my father-in-law) and Rand and I went to our show!
Rand told me the tickets were not great and when the usher told us to take 3 escalators up to find our seats I started to believe him. But then.....it happened, an angel of an usher grabbed us and told us to go down the escalators and handed us two new tickets.
They were fabulous seats, leather backs, leather cushions that sighed when you sat on them and they were called orchestra box seats. WE WERE SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE CLOSE ENOUGH TO SEE THAT CELINE DION DOES NOT SWEAT, she also has great muscle tone and perfect skin!
This is my happy face after receiving my new seat assignment.
( Apparently when I am happy my face swells twice the size of Rand's. (again, working on that new goal of taking cell phone pics)
Our seats were so fantastic that look who sat a couple of seats away from us?
(Not the random blurry lady but the bald blurry man who just happens to be Celine Dion's husband, it was his birthday and I just happened to celebrate it with him).
He looked a little bored through the show.
The night was perfect.......
EXCELLENT seats, a 5 dollar Sprite, a view of a weird old man dancing (more like throwing punches in the air for a consecutive 45 minutes, another old man with a beautiful daughter or an expensive escort, (if it was his daughter he really should not hold her hand like that) and last but not least, two of the weirdest acting men right in front of us. It was like people watching perfection with excellent background music!
Love me some Celine!


2 comments:
I loved Celine! I haven't seen her new show but I saw her last time she was in Vegas, although I didn't get the sweet angel usher to give me new seats!!!! Lucky you :) and that your husband went with you, Nick would not be caught dead watching Celine :)
Did she sing any French songs? She does have a beautiful voice even though Michael's grandma called it controlled yelling. Now, I think you should modify your goal a bit, start taking pictures of the great things you see people watching!
Post a Comment