Wednesday, February 20, 2013

On my mind!


There's so much to blog about but I don't think one more entry of my darling children doing amazing things is what I am in the mood for!  Don't get me wrong they are amazing.... I mean the way BMan spilled his third drink of the day and the way Layla has unrolled an entire roll of toilet paper every time she has gone to the bathroom is blog worthy.....however, I am just not feeling it.  

So instead, future posterity, this is what is on my mind today!

1st of all,

Do you all remember this show?




 I remember FRIENDS because it got me through college. To this day if I am channel surfing (do people still use this term)  I can't seem to change the channel when an episode is on.  For your information it is on Nick at Night now, I really can't believe it is on a kids station because I don't think I would ever let my kids watch it.  I am one of those amazing moms that watches TV her kids can't watch when they go to bed.  I know it's wrong, I am aware of the quotes from leaders of the church that state, "we should never do or say that which we would not want our kids to do"  but I am still working on that "perfecting yourself part"!  The last few seasons of Friends are a bit trashy but the first 6 or 7 seasons can guarantee a laugh from me every time.  Maybe I loved Friends because I feel as crazy as Phoebe but also lean a little bit in the direction of Monica. 
That makes me a psycho, free loving control freak, doesn't it?

The whole reason this is on my mind is for the mere fact that I love having friends.  Sure I  don't get to sit in a coffee shop every day and gab for hours but I have good friends and I appreciate them.  

Everywhere I have lived I have been so fortunate to find good friends.  I am a complete failure at keeping in touch with those friends from the past but it does not mean I don't think about them frequently.  Friends have been placed in my life for so many different reasons and at all the right times.

So if I have had the pleasure of being called one of your friends, I thank you.  

Thats what was on my mind, and by doing this blog entry my kitchen sink is still full of dishes the vacuum has been sitting out waiting to be used all day and Braden is watching Power Rangers.  Maybe that means I must stop thinking, turn off the TV and get to work...... or maybe, I should just get off the computer and call an old friend!

2 comments:

Riss said...

You know I LOVE this show. I too find myself hooked when I scroll through the guide and see it is on. I have even been guilty of kicking my kids out of the room so as to sneak an episode in. Working on the perfecting thing myself...I'm a slow learner.

Heather said...

Call me! Just kiddin, I mean of course I would take a call from you anytime, but you know what I mean! You are a great lady Shemri, it's no wonder you have always had good friends wherever you are. My doctor's daughter just got called to Australia (not Brisbane), and guess who I thought of? LOVE YA!