Thursday, July 11, 2013

Goodbye Preschool, Goodbye 4th Grade..........

At the end of every year I am thrilled to say goodbye to the school year and this year was no exception!

I love that summer brings control back to me,
THE MOM!
...........
 I am the leader now, the one with authority - I decide where we will be and where we want to go.  
And oh how I like to go, go, go!
I am holding the reigns again and nobody gets to tell me what or where my kids should be.

That's a lie....
Rand tells me, Jake tells me, Braden tells me and even the lovely 3 yr old has an opinion but I get to sift through their ideas, make them believe they are right and then manipulate the situation to eventually get what I want. 
 Ha Ha Ha (Insert evil witch voice)

So before I tell you where we get to go, go, go, I must tell you where we've been.

We finished the year strong with this little magician deciding to run for student council.  
I am proud to announce that this little guy will be the student council president next year in his elementary.  You know, 5th grade makes you the "big cheese" and I think his magician theme was super cheesy and got the job done!
So proud of you Jakey!

 I am not one to toot the horn of my kiddos publicly but I will brag just a little bit in the privacy of my own blog for journaling purposes.  This young man broke the school record  in AR points (accelerated reading) and he earned straight A's for the 4th year in a row.  Rand and I are so pleased that he excels in academics and Jake if you are reading this and are now in college please keep up the good grades.

Love this smirk, love this boy!


This is one of Jake's best friends who came in 2nd in the AR for the entire school it was fun to see them go back and forth this year.  Did I mention I love the boys in Jake's class!


It is like me, however to toot the horn of a good teacher when I see one and Mr. Adams is exactly that, he is an excellent teacher.  I watched the kids in his class blossom with confidence and I wish that every student could have the chance to be in his classroom.   I know Jake will miss Mr. Adams and so will I.

Switching gears or should I say child...

The BMan had a fantastic year as well and he is going to follow in his big bro's footsteps I am sure.
Rand tells me I am too easy on Braden and I have to admit he does get away with a "little bit"  but he is so tender hearted and I  have a  soft spot in my heart for this little guy.  It's so interesting to me that you can love all your kids equally but in such different ways.   This little guy came into my life as an answer to so so many prayers and he has been a blessing and a joy ever since!


I am thrilled that we don't have to say goodbye to Miss Christy because Miss Layla will have her next year.  She is one of the best and will have taught all three of my kids, I can't think of a more positive role model for my kids to have for a preschool teacher.  Love you Miss Christy!

August will come soon enough and it scares me to death to think I am going to have a 5th grader a kindergartner (is this a word?) and a preschooler.  But as for now I get to be the teacher all summer and I am loving it!  (Except the part where I am hating it and my kids are fighting and I want to spank them all).  Just kidding you don't post that stuff in blogs, right?   And by the way I really don't ever "hate it",  hate is such a strong word, but there are days of dislike, that's ok, right?

No comments: