Thursday, July 11, 2013

I have never felt so behind!

As you can see I have not gone private with this blog yet because every time I try to do it, whatever I am posting deletes. In the meantime I will try and figure this out but I will also try and get caught up on this blog.  Oh and pardon me those of you who asked for an invite if you have received two or three, just know that it's not because I really think you want to read my blog but because I am technologically challenged.

As I sit looking through pictures I  realize what a whirl wind these last few months have been and wonder if I really have experienced as many things as I have pictures of!   I complain when life is too busy and I complain when life is too dull and so maybe I should stop whining and just enjoy the moments.

This thought has been resonating with me all day as I think of a very dear friend of mine who lost her brother a few days ago.  As I was giving her a hug the other morning it brought back every hurt I felt when I lost my own brother (10 years ago) but it feels as if it were just last year.  I remember the feeling of "permanence" I felt.  I remember feeling that death was just too much to bear, it felt so forever.  As I hugged my friend and realized that she now was probably feeling that empty pit in her stomach that seems as if it will never heal, my heart broke for her.   I wish I could tell her that time helps but doesn't cure, I wish I could make the darkness she feels go away but I can't.  So I will just keep trying to be there if she needs a shoulder to "ugly cry" on!  :(

With a heavy heart for my friend  and so many thoughts running through my mind at the gravity of this situation,  I have come to the realization  that it is so important to love the moments life does hand out to you.

Sorting through pictures of the craziness that I will call JUNE is just the opportunity I needed to really appreciate and remember those moments in life...even if they are a little crazy.

I will hug my little ones tighter and relish in their craziness.


It's not that we are doing a million things but the craziness comes from one thing here and one thing there like.........................



ONE dance recital - 
May I just add that when you tell Layla to stand on the X she will take you literally and not move off her X (well maybe for a second but she was very aware of where she needed to stand).



ONE end of year baseball tournament.



ONE trip over and over to St. George to finish the new house!


ONE house completed!
(well almost)

ONE outing for Jake who just happen to qualify in the Hit, Pitch and Run Competition in Las Vegas!
By the way, he SLAMMED the ball.



Like son like father or is it the other way around? 
Rand kept us busy with ONE mountain race to cheer him on.



ONE Father and Son's Outing and apparently ONE snake.

Make that two - there is a rattle snake in there.

ONE trip with a best friend for the BMAN

and, 
ONE trip by ambulance to the hospital - I think he was trying to get out of moving!  
In all seriousness this was a scary time and I am SOOOOO glad he is with me and my little family...although, I am sad that his goatee that led to a Wyoming mustache didn't kick the bucket.


ONE Ghetto Town Carnival
(I must mention I met a very interesting "born again"carnival man)
ONE miraculous night with "besties"!

ONE Dinner made by Layla


And,
ONE blog entry to document it all!

No comments: