We just finished up a season of good ole' basketball.
There is something about the opening of the gym doors, the noises the smells, the gleam of a newly waxed floor that overload my senses leaving me with a feeling of nostalgia and the memories come flooding in. Don't be confused, I never dribbled a ball or made the winning shot or been aggressive for that matter but I have cheered on the sidelines, performed at half time and sat with white knuckles as my dad coached or sisters played.
I never thanked my parents for supporting me in everything I did, for sitting through many boring performances or trying to be excited for the 100th story I was about to tell. On the flip side - now as I find myself running my little ones everywhere I look back and regretfully wish I had been a more thankful child. (Jake you never have to regret you can start thanking now ;)!
Every parent's wish is that their children will have good friends, good influences that surround them. Jake has an amazing group of boys his age and along with good friends come good parents. Rand and I have come to love our time with fellow parents that we now call friends. As we venture from football to basketball to baseball we are lucky enough to have a fantastic time in the stands as well.
Special thanks to Coach Hurley and Coach "Wade" Hughes this season!
Jonathan, Kam, Jake, Shawn, Will, Cooper, Raffie, Mclain and Wyatt!
1 comment:
Glad you still blog! (Journal - that is why I have decided to keep going. I love my printed blog books.) I'm not gonna lie, I haven't checked blogs in forever! It was fun looking back through all your entries and seeing what you guys have been up to. Love the pic of you squatting over an open hole in the ground! Ha!
Post a Comment