Sunday, August 31, 2014

Girls weekend getaway

Once in a while a mom like me needs a weekend to get away with other moms.  A weekend to share our talents, eat yummy food, stay up late (because we want to) and be completely emotionally raw after sharing and sharing and sharing.  Rand is always amazed that we can sit in a beautiful beach house in Oregon and just talk for three days.  There is an occasional walk on the beach or a stroll into town but the majority of time is spent laughing, crying and sharing.  Last year and this year I was overwhelmed with how beautiful the Oregon Coast was and I find myself truly wondering why in the world do I live in a desert!  The heat is stifling and the hair dryer we live in for 3 months is sometimes unbearable.  Ok now back to my retreat..... I am always amazed at the caliber of women I meet and stand in awe of all the talents and skills each woman has.  Deb amazes me the most, I knew we would be kindred spirits from the moment we met in the MTC.  I have never met someone who is like Deb.  Let me explain!  When we were on our mission together we would track and as we would track we would dream and scheme and plan our future lives.  We teased that she would start a card business (think Halmark) and she would follow adventure after adventure.  Well guess what?  She has done exactly that!  She works for herself, travels, serves others and even took the time to pull a trailer around the United States with her two boys just to say she did it.  (I would never even dare pull a trailer and Miss Deb pulled it right into downtown Time Square NYC).  


Deb lives her life by mottos and I think this one sums her right up.

Such lovely ladies!  Thanks for the good times.
Sandra you are truly the organized (even if I didn't win your wonderful organization system).


Jocelyn has the ability to make art out of food!


Ashley can articulate so eloquently everything I would ever want to say!


Phylis is a woman of all traits and I wish I had just an ounce of her talent.



An amazing group of women who I admire and learn so much from!  Thank you for the wisdom and the motivation to be better.


Amy the story teller can make me laugh and reminds everyone to not take life so seriously.  Valerie on the other hand reads my future and warns me to strengthen my weaknesses.





No comments: