Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Africa part 4

We convinced the men that the hunting should rest and we should view the animals as beautiful creatures and not as meat or trophies.  To my surprise the men agreed and off we went to one of the beautiful national parks to see animals alive in their habitat without that crazy fearful look in their eyes of being hunted.

As I entered the van I was startled by a devilish, creepy Mr. Peter hiding in the back seat ready to scare me (which he did).  I screamed to his delight and within minutes was recovered enough to apparantly pose for this picture (seriously I have no idea what I am doing here).


To Rand's delight along the way we stopped for a minute and he found his "coveted Mountain Dew".  It looked a little radio active but he drank it like a champ and was in such a good mood all day long! Hmm???  


Tian - What sexy legs you have?
This was Dave's PH and even though I really liked him you would not want to get on this guy's bad side.  He in perfect straight face told me the  way to murder someone who poached on his land.  (He wasn't kidding either, he said he had no tolerance for a poacher and the law would never find him.  Enter scary twilight zone music here)


We had such a fun day in Marakele and I enjoyed every single LIVING ANIMAL minute of it!


Here are a few of the animals we saw.....







What's Africa without a dung beetle?


This is me being obnoxious and sarcastic with Rand because I didn't want my picture taken again for the 500th time.


Sarel - Pretty nice animal specimen  to look at....  but of course I wasn't looking!  


Every tree in Africa has plenty of these thorns, just ask my feet and legs!


Termite mounds are a little bigger in Africa.  I think it's interesting that I take pictures of things like bugs and termites in Africa and think it's cool but at home I pay a pest control company to rid me of the viral things!






Not pictured here were the lions and white tiger we saw and the black hyena.  They were actually in a fenced area and all the pictures were blurry.

After  all that sight seeing we stopped in town to have some "American food" at the local diner.

Not normally a huge burger eater I was thrilled at the fact that this burger and fries had not just been alive, hunted and killed by one of our own.  Nothing tasted better!





No comments: