Monday, October 13, 2014

My favorite times!

I love my friends and I am a girl who has to have time with friends to stay sane but...some of my all time favorite moments are with family!  Don't be scared I truly am talking about my  "extended family".  I know for some people that is a scary word and I would be lying if I said our's was perfect.  We have family quirks and tiffs and normal family behavior that makes you want to pull your hair out.  But when it comes right down to it, it's all about family for me!

This happens to be one of my favorite family members named Mikey.  Rest assured if Mikey comes it's going to be fun and there will be laughter, lots and lots of it!


This summer we ventured to new horizons and to a little town called Lava Hot Springs, ID.  Believe me it did not disappoint!  We stayed in a little dive hotel (which was ok because it was clean) and we had a blast in this little town.  So quaint, so fun and lots to do!  The kids ran the river over and over and we swam in the pools (the naturally heated pools I might add)!


These two cousins were inseparable the entire week!





I so wish I had more pictures from Lava Hot Springs but I was having so much fun I forgot the camera.  They have the greatest pool with olympic platforms to dive off of.  Jake decided he was daring and I had to sign his life a way.  Ok, just a waiver but I was nervous.  I did the high dive and about died forgetting that I was not young anymore.   When was the last time you jumped off the high dive, the water hits your nose with alarming force, the fear of never coming up crossed my mind and I don't remember it ever being so far down when I was 12.  Let's just say I was never going to try the platform.  Bman and Layla loved the water slides and I (who does not like swimming) loved it because the water was so so warm.  I actually liked the slides as well but wish someone would have told me to cross my legs before I gave myself a water enema!


From Lava Hot Springs we ventured on toward Island Park and stopped at Bear World.  

Seriously this bear looks like how I felt after our trip, there were lots of snacks to be eaten.  But as miserable as so many snacks make me feel I  usually work through the pain and get them all down.



This bear licked the side of my van (right on my door).
  For Reals, licked my car!







Little goat in the petting zoo you are very intrusive and going through BMan's legs is not going to get you food any faster.


Jake See those blisters on your arms, don't you remember you are allergic to deer and you should not pet them even if they are cute and everyone else is doing it.
(These blisters were even after Benadryl)
Who in the world is allergic to deer?  Oh well at least he can hunt and will never have to gut his own deer.


Just FYI this is a moose not a bear.  I don't know why he was at Bear World.


Just a lone wolf walking down the streets of Bear World!


Remember I said Lina and Layla were inseparable?



Do you think Dallin is staring at me because I am weird or I just said something hilarious or he may be looking at the same thing Charlene, Sharee and Paul are looking at.  
I apparently am the only "cheeser" in the group.


Next Stop Island Park!


2 comments:

Colten and Megan said...

So fun. I am sad we couldn't be there. Talya says all of the time that she just wants to live by Grandma and her cousins.

The Christians said...

Fun, I am excited to start our own little Gressmen family adventures.