Wednesday, July 29, 2015

It was a bust again......

If at first you don't succeed you should try, try again, right?  What's to say after you try again and you still don't succeed, do you go for that third try?

Rand has been trying to complete the Zion Ragnar now for two years.  He's trained, gathered the team (they've trained), ordered the shirts, took the time off work and guess what? Mother Nature has it out for him.  The first year we were snowed out and this year was a torrential rain storm that made the trail so muddy that it was unsafe to finish.  I feel so bad for Justin and Angie who have come down for two years in a row all the way from Montana.  Rand is giving it a last go in Tahoe in August but I do believe that if it gets rained out I will forbid him to ever enter a Ragnar again.  Maybe the Heavens are sending us a message!  As for me...... I just have fun going up and watching the people slide off the trail!  
The sunny day before the race started. 
All Smiles for Justin!



We really thought the team had it this year, everyone was looking awesome!






And this is all the pics I got,
 because that's when it happened, 
the flood that may have made Noah start building the arc! 
Another year and another bomb.  
The  cars were loaded and everyone paddled home with heads hung low!


No comments: