These are my kiddos -
they went to their first day of school way back in August. At first I started feeling guilt that it's March and I am just posting this.....
but,
then I decided to throw the guilt to the guilt keeper and just be plain ole happy!
Happy, why you ask?
Happy, because it is officially documented.
You know what?
I don't even remember most of my first days of school, because no one ever documented them for me.
Wait a minute,
I do remember the first day of 10th grade because I had saved up for an outfit for months. I saved at the alarming rate of $4.25 an hour working at a greasy spoon called, "Pugs Drive In". While my friends were soaking in the sun, I was getting acne from the free flowing grease and gaining weight because I couldn't stop eating the shakes. But, none the less, it was an outfit that was sure to boost me to the ranks of "super popular" hot girl. Who am I kidding, I never was that girl - EVER! But it was an ensemble of teal and pink paint slashes never to be forgotten and I pretty much rocked it. My hair was high, my insecurities of going to high school were overwhelming but I do remember that 1st day.
Wowzer, that was a tangent.
I would never let Jake wear a crazy outfit like that.
My 7th Grader
My 2nd Grader-
Mrs. Barnum



1 comment:
Can you please share a picture of your first day of 10th grade?
Your kids are darling, and growing up too fast. We should meet in Rexburg or something!!!
Post a Comment