Rand may have thought that he was just going on another race, but when it's in Lake Tahoe...
Guess what?
I am going too!
Scratch that,
let's take the whole family and by whole family I mean the whole Bracken Clan!
This was the house we all rented to watch Rand and the men run in the race. They camped over at Ragner Village in a tent. I camped the way I like with a nice kitchen, hot shower and plenty of cousins for the kiddos to play with.
This was the team, and they were pretty dang awesome.
They took 2nd in their age group and 9th overall. Let me help you grasp how amazing this was...
There were over 3,000 participants and this little team was outstanding.
Do you want me to tell you the drive behind the team?
I will! The drive comes from a man named Durbin. If you live in Mesquite you say "Durbin" with reverence, especially if you're a former graduate of Virgin Valley Elementary! Just ask my kiddos. Durbin happens to be the kind of man that can push people further then they ever thought they could go, there are no limits when you are being "Durbinized".
He never quits and I think all the Bracken / Mcomie men were a little scared to disappoint him.
Bonus: Training was a little harder for this race, which really paid off.
Oh and a plug for our Bracken Boys, they have big hearts and lots of willpower.
Team Redline!
Why is it that wherever we go my boys can find a snake. Remember the fear Indiana Jones has when he encounters a snake? My fears are not much less and the snake charming men in my life think it is great fun to tease me about it. Scratch "charming", that is just plain mean.
Having the cabin so close to the race was fantastic. Multiple times a day we walked up to see how the team was doing or took a stroll behind the cabin to run with them when they raced by!
When we were not watching the runners we were exploring the area.
This happens to be the Donner Reed Monument and after educating the kids of the terrible events that happened here, we let them pose for a picture. I promise there was reverence for all that the Donner Party went through.
Lake Tahoe you are my "ahh", my "zin" to the (is it zane?)
Whatever it is, you are my happy place.. and this cute group of kiddos is a close tie!
Just kidding they win every time.
Like all good things, they must come to an end.
This Ragnar team finished so strong and ran across the finished line together as a team. Such great energy, such a fabulous vibe and what motivation to inspire physical fitness!
I vowed right then an there to run a Ragnar with a team...but, on the way home the Chex Mix, M&M's, fast food places and life got in the way of my lofty goals.
However, there was a moment where I did have a dream!
PS. Writing this blog post months later has inspired me again! I want to get in better shape, live a more healthy lifestyle and feed off the energy of happy, fit people.
I really want this!!!
I think I will start on Monday. He He!











No comments:
Post a Comment