I pose this question - (is it out of his system?)
but.....
I don't really know. Rand has been wanting to run the marathon in St. George forever. He did it, he did ok, but will he do it again?
If I were a betting woman, I would say no! I do not think he will run a marathon again.
Why?
Because he loves running on trails.
Now ask me the question, do I think he will run a trail marathon?
Yes!
I have been asked if Rand's running takes a lot of time from our family or if I wish I ran with him. Let me explain, I love that Rand runs, he schedules priority time with us and it allows our children a strong example of fit and healthy living.
Do I wish I ran with him?
Yes, all the time.
I think I should be a runner right down to the moment that I lace up my shoes and step out onto the pavement. Then a huge realization comes over me and I remember, I don't like to run!
I do, however, like to bike. I often grab my bike and ride along side my man. I let him know when he better speed up, I can shout like a commanding officer in the army. I make him run faster every other telephone pole, I tell him that he is capable of not being a slow runner. It's so fun to coach on my bike and not have to breathe hard.
The kiddos ran the pre-marathon races and loved them.
This guy had a goal to run the marathon in 4 hours. He did awesome and was way ahead of schedule until mile 22. At mile 22 his legs got a little tired. Mine would have got tired at mile 1/2. He was just over 4 hours and we were there to cheer him in.
Looks pretty good for a man that just ran for four hours.
(Shh.. don't tell anyone that right after this he turned the corner and puked).
The gels get his belly every time.
Blue and Jules, started the morning with him. I was so proud of Jules for becoming a runner.
Way to work on your bucket list babe!









No comments:
Post a Comment