Have you ever seen fast and furious???
I am delivering snippets from the last 8 months in a completely fast and furious way!
Kindergarten field trip to a stinky (cow poop + rain + moldy straw = soooo stinky) dairy in the mud and rain. It did lead me, however, to look for Darigold in the store now.
Manufactured right here in little ole Moscow, Idaho.
I already mentioned that Layla had her 6th birthday but did I mention that our tiny house was so small we could get juice out of the fridge while sitting on the table bench?
Mother's Day Luncheon but mostly documenting that Layla lost about a million teeth in Kindergarten, I personally remember being the only one in 2nd grade who had just lost their first tooth. The memory must still pain me to this day since I feel the need to mention it here. Not having your tooth on the wall in first grade is shameful I tell you, downright shameful. I am thankful that Layla was not a late bloomer (late tooth looser) like her momma.
Lived in Moscow almost a year but have been home 4 times. Let me remind you the distance is 17 hours. I only bring this up to let our families know that we must think they are important because if they ever drove it (they would be completely reassured of our love for them).
I hope you never forget it! Wink Wink
I really can't see this picture and not laugh, for two reasons.......
1st, only my dad would find shoes to match his safety jacket and 2nd this picture plants in me an innate desire to sing my 4th grade choir piece..
"I've been working on the railroad"
Too bad that dad has never worked on a railroad ...
all of his live long days.
Ben seems impressed, or amused, its hard to read his expression and his Peter Pan Stance.
We love our family so much and we love that we get to visit by land and by air.
And we love when the family grows....because, who really can have too many people to love?
Cousin Jaidon
And BABY JAKE!
I can't believe my brother would have been a grandpa.
I can't believe my dad is a great grandpa!
Back to Moscow,
Moscow Spring and Summer were absolutely delightful! Yes, there was lots of rain, yes, the skies were dreary more than sunny but......
I was not hot or melting into the pavement in anyway like in my (I miss you so much Mesquite).
There were Washington State Baseball games to see!
Farmers Market's on Saturdays!
With there booth of little treasures and mini donuts.
There were sooo many hikes!
I truly have never been diagnosed, but I truly think I have Adult Boredom Deficit. (My sisters may have the same problem, I am sure of it).
Sunday Afternoons get so long for me!
Luckily, all my symptoms can be cured by the many trails and woods surrounding Moscow!
My kids are psycho! Not just weird but really weird, in a disturbing kind of way!
Don't let them fool you because sometimes Angels shine down on them.
Sometimes we head into Spokane for the day and introduce the kids to pets they will never have the permission to own in their lifetime. Sorry for the disappointment.
And let's never forget to mention this old fashioned carousel in downtown Spokane. Rand truly loves it more than the kids. Let me explain how it works, it is not an ordinary carousel. As they circle around an arm comes down that delivers small rings, this contraption causes my distinguished adult husband to lean far off his horse in order to beat Jake, BMan and Lu Lu in acquiring these silly rings. After the rings are taken they are thrown into a pot on the other side of the carousel... all awhile going in circles. I tend to miss all of these escapades because I can be found either puking in the bushes or sipping sprite if I am to ride the blasted thing.
I really like how my hair has a mind of its own in this picture and Miss Layla is being transfigured in the sun.
Let's see, what else has happened in Moscow?
Layla makes millions of wishes, secretly I do too. I wish that one day Rand can find this job 17 hours closer to home. I am happy however, that he loves his new job. So in the meantime I will treasure all this time we get to spend as a family. Countless hours upon hours upon weekends upon years. Oh really didn't mean to go there, got a little carried away.
I simply just wish for...
WORLD PEACE!
And sometimes I wish for Layla to stop making skirts for me out of tissue paper. It's really quite uncomfortable when she measures the width of my butt and then precedes to assure me that she can staple two sheets together to cover "how big it is"!
Let's pretend I am all caught up now. Because my kids advanced a grade and I am writing about it in the same year that this picture was taken.
Oh dang it, I just remembered it was 2017! I meant "the same school year"!
Jake 8th Grade
Braden 3rd Grade
Layla 1st Grade - going on 10th
There you have it Moscow in a minute, may have been 5 if you actually read all the nonsense that pops out of my fast little fingers.
























No comments:
Post a Comment