Thursday, December 22, 2016

iPhone Feb - April

How's that for a creative title? 

Tonight my littles went to bed early because one of them, a girl cried at least 42 times today.  The other little... the boy, teased about 42 times today.  The mom (a crazy woman) thought 7:30 pm sounded dreamy for both of them to saunter off to slumber land.  That's when she envisioned snuggling on the couch with a Hallmark Christmas Movie, hot chocolate and a phone to scroll through.  (It is December 22nd, you know)..... That is also when a very tired man (the one who worked on call for days on end) thought he should watch an action movie with the oldest son, who should have also gone to bed because of a serious attitude problem and other teen episodes approximately happening around 45 times today.  

And so,
my dreamy, snuggly, Hallmark movie is now blogging 6 month old iPhone pics.  ( I really should have asked for a tv in my room for Christmas, because going downstairs to watch TV is so scary).  I about kill myself running up the stairs every night,  to get away from that scary, shadow guy who might be lingering in the corner.  I just know that I am only one night away from him becoming real and grabbing me on my way upstairs after checking on the kiddos who are peacefully sleeping.  Seriously, I could set an olympic record for skipping stairs and I can do it all, in about 3.4 seconds.  Not too shabby for this 40 something old girl.

Really this is not the night I had in mind but here goes nothing.

This is that "crying girl" I referred to from before.  She apparently is not crying in this picture because it was Crazy hair day when she was in kindergarten like 6 months ago.  I will have you know she is now doing fabulous 4 months into first grade at a different elementary.


 She wasn't crying here either when she made these creepy people out of Rand's foam rollers he uses after running.  Seriously I think the one on the right was a muppet from Fraggle Rock in her last life.  Don't you remember the one weird one?  She may have been the singer on The Muppets come to think of it now.

It's really funny to look back at old pics because this little girl traded her ballet shoes in for gymnastics bare feet.  I seriously cringe every time she runs on the mats with no shoes or socks.  I know she is destined for a future of athletes feet and toe fungus.  
Never mind, knowing her by the time I actually catch up my blog she will be spinning on the dance floor again.  


Let's not forget she had a birthday in April and turned 6.  Her excitement in life makes up for anytime she is naughty, she is my beautiful, little, emotional girl and I really wouldn't change a thing.  Well maybe just the...
nope, not a thing!


Maybe the reason this guy likes to come home and relax on the couch is the mere fact that  we now have one.  Our first rental in Idaho was a very tiny place and furniture was not a priority, when we knew we were waiting for a house to come open.  Such a change from good ole Mesquite.

This little guy the "teaser" he played a lot of basketball when we first came to Idaho.  He loved every minute of it and became quite the trash talker.  Let's see teaser - trash talker, one in the same, right?

In no rude way intended
don't you think Braden's cute little coach could be a garden gnome?  
He was SO Stinking Cute!


 Don't let their cute smiles and adventurous spirits fool you, today that cuteness was hard to identify.


Remember... I am just summing up some random Phone pictures for the next few posts and so when I came across one of my mom visiting in Idaho... I thought to myself,  I should put my cute mom and her hubby on here (Even though she will never know that I did)  She checks my blog less than she checks her text messages - which is about once or twice a year).
 Sometimes I dream of living close to my mom and having her just hang out with me.  I have not lived by my mom since I left her house for college.  She is a fantastic lady and I think would be my perfect sidekick.  I sometimes find myself a little on the jealous side of those people who have family all around them.  Look who's whining now.


Exploring new territory in Idaho - This is Lewiston Idaho,  across the river is Clarkston Washington, (get it....Lewis and Clark  - the famous explorers.)  
I wish this was a scratch and sniff picture because you can't really understand Lewiston until you have smelt it.  They have a huge paper factory and the whole town smells a lot like a lingering (to put it plainly) fart!  Maybe I am smiling in this picture because I am just concentrating on breathing through my mouth.  


Oh the Spokane Falls - A little more exploring!


When it all comes down to a day like today with the littles, I sometimes just raise my hands and utter the profound words, my mom taught me...
"Oh Well"

You know..
just like I did when I cast my pole out to go fishing and i caught that enormous pine tree behind me.  
It was a whopper!

Sometimes life has to be managed with an 
"OH WELL"
It's better than the 
Oh Hell -that sometimes slips out!  EEK!

Loving life!










No comments: