Spartans, What is Your Profession?
We Are Spartans! Aroo, Aroo, Aroo!
Watch this short link if you don't know what I am talking about.
I am not a runner, I am not really an exerciser for that matter but when I get around these Spartans it makes me want to achieve the unachievable. It makes me want to work out, dig my heels deep in training and become SPARTAN!
This motivation, this desire to be amazing lasts about as long as the race, but still the energy when I am there makes me feel "Spartanish"!
I am really glad that my team, "Team Bracken" makes up for my unmotivated self and I will continue to be a most excellent athletic supporter! (Total pun intended here, giggling like a 14 year old boy).
Does it count that I ran along side these guys at the end of the daunting race...just to get some amazing photo opportunities? I even ruined my cute new white UA tennis shoes to get the best shots. That has to account for something, right?
In the beginning there was excitement, there was cleanliness and there were smiles!
In the middle maybe not so many smiles, in this traffic jam straight up the mountain.
When the team was out of eyesight we kept ourselves busy with "man" things, like tire tipping and......
Rope Climbing (ya she killed both her brothers on this event).
When we spotted our runners again, we saw agony and dirt upon their faces, but we did not see defeat, we saw SPARTANS!
We saw all three of them stick their spear chuck and from this angle we saw that two of these three brothers might be balding? (Shh, we don't say that too loudly)!
So proud of these three! Especially proud of Mikey, Rand and Dallin (not pictured) for doing the trifecta this year!
Our kiddos rocked the kids events and I love that this family looks for new challenges daily. Jake gets to run the real race when he is fifteen.
These three cousins stuck side by side until the end. When Miss Talya had a fall they helped her up and kept on going.
No comments:
Post a Comment