Fall in Moscow was beautiful!
The nippy mornings led to beautiful warm days, followed by nightly frozen toes.
The perfect concoction for a Fall Day!
Ah!
"The Boys of FALL"!
(If you can listen to this Kenny Chesney song and not be a bit choked up, we really should assess our friendship).
Big 55 worked so hard this year.
He was determined and even made player of the month for September.
His school newspaper write up was hilarious, I wish I would have kept a copy.
There was something mentioned about his favorite vacation was going to grandma's house. You know, over the hills and through the woods. It was classic and so humiliating for our "big" 8th grader, I loved every written word of it.
Jake's eyes, speak volumes to me in this next picture.
Go ahead, take a good look as those determined eyes.
You might think he is intently listening, focusing on what his next move will be...
but,
I see a different story.
I see, "I wonder what's for dinner, do you think that cheerleader saw my calf muscle flex, does the coach know he just spit on me right through my face mask"?
Jake wasn't the only one going to get in on the football action this year. The whole family except for Layla and I, (who watched from the warmth of our van with "scrumptious" hot chocolate) played a little flag football here and there.
Braden signed up for flag football this year and every game but two was rained out.
(So sad to say, we didn't take any pictures either)
Being a part of Moscow in the Fall is full of fun perks!
Having the University of Idaho and Washington State University within 10 minutes away means lots of games to watch.
Football and basketball.
My husband may cheer for the Vandals but through and through he is a UTE!
Fall in Moscow would have been so sad if it were not for this family full of girls right here. They let us share in their Thanksgiving traditions and made us feel like 17 hours away from family could be ok if you have good friends to spend the holidays with. I don't think people know how much of a difference they can make to (sad little Brackens) when they open up their hearts and homes to fun and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment