Rand is a hard worker, always has been. I attribute it to his "farming" roots!
He works hard for his family and shares his love of education with our kids.
Sometimes he even practices on our kids.
-Like when he has a new ultra sound machine and wants to look at things (vein, bones, ligaments). He studies and searches out places that he can stick really long needles into people's bodies.
(Weird job if you ask me)
The kiddos love it and I call it a win.
Jake didn't want to dress up so no redline cross for him.
Sometimes Rand goes to conferences to learn how to do more "stuff".
Sometimes
I go with him just so I can sleep in and hang out in my hotel room without any kids around me. (That sounds so harsh right? Don't judge until you try it).
As he was in conference this time I walked the darling town of Gatlinburg Tennessee, which by the way, is amazing. I was truly born to be A Southern Belle. I talked in an accent the whole time we were there. I hit every fudge shop (one on every corner) and tried a free sample, I did not even bother to care or make an excuse why I didn't buy any. That's the great thing about traveling, no one knows you and no one will probably ever see you again. At least this is my excuse why I can act like a fool whenever I travel. I don't know if Rand loves when I don't have any inhibitions, sometimes he acts embarrassed - but I know on the inside he is secretly wanting and waiting to jump out of his shell and be a little more "Shem".
I walked around and when Rand was done for the day we would ride around in our cool black non-mini van car, roll down the windows, crank the music and just drive. Drive wherever the heck we wanted to go.
Then we would eat somewhere yummy, catch a local band and stroll hand in hand.
Thanks for working hard babe!
We did not however try the moonshine!
Before going home we hiked part of the Appalachian Trail just to feel like "millennials".
The trip ended perfectly as we drove to the airport and followed this true "Tennesee -an"!
We Drove by Dollywood, put our hands on our hearts and vowed to come back to the Smoky Mountains for sure!






No comments:
Post a Comment