Sunday, November 18, 2007

My First Sewing Project




I want you all to take a good look at how horrific I look in this picture. Do you see the stress in my forehead? Now let me explain, Rand's mom Charlene came down to Mesquite to teach me to sew. I must let you know that this is one of the first times I have ever put material through a sewing machine. If I look terrible it is because I was scared out of my mind. Did you know that it can be hard to sew straight lines? This simple task wiped me out mentally so much so that I recruited Rand to help with the job. I have set a goal with myself to be more domestic but I now change that goal to encourage others to be domestic and I will work on some other things that I have a chance at being good at. I do have to admit that even with all this complaining I did get the hang of it a tiny bit and my curtains turned out lovely, I also got a little ambitious and made two decorative pillows! (This may be the only time I ever sew... I thought I should document it!)

2 comments:

Ian and Lara said...

Look at that concentration! See, you are more domestic than I am... I bought my curtains! And I know how to sew! So way to go! I bet they look perfect!

Ashlee said...

Shem, I love that you are being domestic!!I bet your house is beautiful. We would love to come see sometime. Jake is hilarious. He sounds like such a darling little boy. If you haven't already, check out our blog. It is fun to see whats going on. I check yours quite often and love to find out how you guys are. Take Care.