Monday, December 3, 2007

Professional Bowler??





During the Thanksgiving Holiday our family ventured out in search of an event enriched with culture, however, the town of Mesquite is lacking somewhat in this area and the next best thing we found was bowling. Making the most of this situation would not prove to be as difficult as we initially thought. We took the opportunity to truly search out the blessings that bowling emits... From the moment I entered the casino which houses the only bowling alley in Mesquite we started reflecting on our blessings... (1)We are so thankful that we do not smoke and can breathe clean air daily. (2)We are so thankful for the use of Lysol in bowling shoes. (3)I am so thankful that my mom taught me to tastefully comb my hair and properly apply makeup. (4)I am also thankful that my pants cover my butt crack when I bend over. (4) I am extremely thankful for a husband who cheers me on and is intelligent enough to know that my bowling score does not directly reflect my self worth.


The greatest part of the day was to realize that if Rand and I ever become financially burdened our son may be able to bale us out with his bowling talent! Jake scored a strike, spare and another strike on his own to end with a total of 114. I think Jake has found his lot in life and as his parents we could not be more proud! The emotion that this evokes in us is amazing! We love seeing Jake’s talents start to emerge! :) Have a great day!

1 comment:

Ian and Lara said...

Way to go Jake! What a stud! That's way better than I ever get too! You'll have to show us your stuff at Christmastime!