Thursday, December 13, 2007

"Big Jake"




I have been going through pictures recently and came across some of my brother Jake! He has been on my mind a lot lately, and I am sure it is because of the Christmas Season. Jake was the craziest and best brother a girl could have. He put Ali, Brooke and I on a pedestal and was very protective of anyone who would dare challenge our status! Jake's laugh and "big dog bark" are two things I miss so much about him! (Anyone who knew him knows what I am talking about)! So this Christmas season I will hold a special little place in my heart for my big brother. Merry Christmas Jake, we miss you!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

I remember you told me about your miracle baby and your Brother Jake. What a great daily reminder you have of him. Holidays are a hard time when you are missing someone you love. Gone....but never forgotten.

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

Shem, I want all those picture back so that I can put them in an album. Thanks for posting these so everyone can see!

The Hawkins Gang said...

Wow...I had instant tears when I checked your blog today. I miss Jake so much and this made me happy. Thank you for posting these! :) Love ya!

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

So you have to realize that we have lived in Cedar, Price and Evanston since the twins have been born. Not a ton of two stories buildings. And you are right, it was better if you said it with an accent.

.mel. said...

Merry Christmas! I left something on your porch.... well I think it was "your" porch! I have no clue which ones your house, so I hope I didn't leave it for the neighbors!