Monday, January 28, 2008

Living in Utah!

Braden and Aunt Kalie

On the way to Southern Utah we stopped at Grandpa Don's to ride Sundance! Braden will have to be a little bigger before he can ride!

Brothers! Jakey loves Braden and Braden confirms it with a smile!

Jake's buddy Brody gave him this costume and Jake did not take it off for two days!


What an eventful week. Since adopting Braden we have been busy, busy, busy! He started his life with us with a couple of ear infections but is doing much better now! It is so fun to see his little personality come out. He has won over everyone he comes into contact with! There is something called Interstate Compact Law which basically means that Braden, Jake and I are not able to leave Utah. We have decided to move down South with Rand's parents until the Interstate Compact is finished. This way Rand can drive from Mesquite after work and spend time with us. In Salt Lake it just would have been to far for Rand to come and visit.
This is what I have learned this week: (1) Crutches and babies don't mix, however, it is amazing how many inovative moves I have come up with to make things work. Normally I probably would not have had knee surgery before a baby, but in our family we will take them whenever we can get them!:) I do have to say that because I am on crutches Rand is becoming Braden's best buddy and Rand is quite protective of him. (2)Jakey is an amazing big brother and Braden lights up when he sees him come in the room! (3) I am sure I have learned more then this but this entry is long enough! I am super happy and can't wait to bring our family home to Mesquite!

11 comments:

Brain Balance Mom said...

Holy cow your kids are cute! Jake looks so cute in his spider man costume! Brody keeps wanting to put his on, but says he wants to do it when Jake is here... We miss you guys! Can't wait to see everyone!

Mindy said...

I am so happy for your family! I met you guys a few months ago and only spent about an hour with you. But I can truly say that Braden is very lucky to get to be in such a great family. I'm glad that he is where he belongs. Good luck! Mindy (Tammy's Sister)

Ashlee said...

Shem, Braden is so cute. Once again, I am so happy for you guys. He fits right into your family. Take Care!

Ashlee said...

Shem, Braden is so cute. Once again, I am so happy for you guys. He fits right into your family. Take Care!

Ian and Lara said...

Thanks for the pictures! I love Braden's smile! I just really want to be down there right now to see you guys!

The Christians said...

I am so happy for you guys! Your boys are beautiful and we love em tons.

The Hawkins Gang said...

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN! I'm soooo freakin excited for you guys and give Braden a kiss for me and tell Jakey hi! :) Miss you guys. Hopefully we can come down and visit soon!

Perky's Posts said...

I am so excited for you guys and the little (big) blessing that has come into your life! I can't wait for you to come home so I can hold him and see Jake back at preschool.
We miss him! Love Miss Christy

Jill Lewis said...

Shemri, this is Jill Lewis. Tammy gave me your blog address. Oh, Braden is so cute and Arian and I are so glad that it all worked out!! Also, I love the picture of Jake in his Spiderman outfit-how cute is that?! We have so much love for your family.
Jill
http://web.mac.com/jilllewis1

McRae Clan said...

Congrats you guys....He is so handsome! I am so so happy for all of you. That is the best way to start out a new year!

<...BrAdLey & KaLliE...> said...

SHEM THE GEM!!! AWE.. THERE IS YOUR NEW NICK NAME FROM ME!!! AHH.. CAN I JUST TELL YOU HOW MUCH I MISS BABY BRADY ALREADY!! I THINK I'LL CALL HIM BRADY!! IT'LL BE AN AUNTY THING!!! COURSE CAN'T SAY AUNTY FOR SURE JUST YET!! BUT ONE DAY!!! BESIDES THE POINT. ANYWAYS THE REAL JUICE!!!! I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY BRADEN IS NOW YOURS TO KEEP!! HE BELONGS WITH YOU AND THIS WONDERFUL FAMILY!!! I HOP TO VACATION SOON AND COME VISIT!!! LOVE YOU ALL!! GIVE JAKEY A NOOGIE FROM ME AND BRADLEY!!!