Thursday, July 10, 2008

Domestic to be or not to be?

A few weeks ago Ali and I decided to be domestic. We thought we could attempt making freezer jam without any problems, I have learned now that a "domestic dutchess" is a state of mind and not something attainable (well for me at least).

This picture is very deceiving, Ali looks like she has it under control.. does she?

Ali only has it under control because while I am washing containers I have completley got the children under control. My technique is called neglect, can you imagine neglecting the very children to whom this yummy strawberry jam is for?

I pose my 1st question...are you still domestic if your children sit like zombies in front of a movie while you try to be the queen of the kitchen?

2nd Question.. Are you still domestic if your house looks like this and kids are everywhere while you stir strawberry jam?

The end product was a success whether we were or not!

To make up for the neglect of our dear and precious children we made it up to them with a swim party in the backyard. After we had taken swimsuits off to get dressed we realized we didn't get any cute pictures of the little boys this is my excuse for the lack of clothing.. we were mid changing when I remembered pictures, pictures!


3 comments:

Heather said...

I would say you are the examples of domestication.

Ian and Lara said...

I love seeing your house like that! Because it is always perfection. And you always say that you are not domestic, but you are way better than me!
I love the little naked bum shots!

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

Shem, you are definitely the queen of blogging. Yours makes me laugh more than anyone's. Now I know why you made us take all those pictures.