Oh man, oh man! Mesquite in July is not a place you want to be. Temps are always high and I am always complaining of the heat. This is my second summer here and I must admit it is getting a wee bit better but still hot enough to justify a little whining. The heat, however makes us take action.... We take every chance we get to go to Pine Valley camping for the day or overnight. Last weekend we camped and Braden did great sleeping in the tent. We had so many cute picture moments but I forgot the camera, I have been a little scatter brained these days, I am pretty sure the heat has fried my brain! Although I don't have the good pics from our camping trip here are a few from one of our day trips.
Rand thinks he is a great fisherman and refuses to bait fish. He will only fly fish and has taught Jakey that principle as well. Jake has learned well and caught the first fish of the day using a fly I might add.


Braden is just happy crawling around eating grass and bugs!

"Daddy please don't throw me in the river!"
5 comments:
That looks refreshing. I haven't done the camping thing with my kids to beat the heat. I don't dare. We just stay indoors or go swimming at friends pools.
I hear ya. We went up to Panguich Lake last weekend cuz I can't take the heat anymore. It was like 60 degrees and felt sooo wonderful!
Your blog is so cute! I love the Sea World and Lego pictures, that looks like so much fun!
I have to agree with you I love going to Pine Valley. My grandparents live there we quite a bit, It's so nice and cool, and I love the water, funny thing to say but it is so good. :)
Nice fish Jake~ You guys are really cute, can't wait to go there with you.
Post a Comment