Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pioneer Day

The 24th of July is Rand's favorite holiday, especially in Enterprise. The first time I spent the 24th in Enterprise I thought I was in a different time era. Let me explain, the day starts off with a parade then on to a program at the Stake Center (the whole town attends), the string band which includes Grandma P and Grandma B plays and in the afternoon there are plays to attend. They have not done the plays for a few years now but the fire department brings the fire engines to squirt the youngsters and there are races in the park. By the way this year Jake took 1st in one of his races and 2nd in the next. Three nights of rodeo completes each day and I do have to say it is one fun redneck celebration!

This year our celebration started bright and early...6:30 am. Rand, Ian, Mical and Ali ran a 10K, Colten and Megan ran a 5K and Diana, Lara and I walked - ran -walked a 5k.



The rest of our weekend was spent attending Grandpa P's 90th birthday party, playing with cousins, "ultimate croquet" in the backyard, eating, rodeo-ing, eating, shooting down at the farm and eating some more.
Here are a few pictures of all Jakey and Braden's cousins...







While Jake and Trey tried out the hummer, Braden tried his hand at the three wheeler, I think it got the best of him.




While everyone was having so much fun, Grandpa and Uncle Colten spent most of their nights in a tractor with the hay. Jake woke up early one morning to help Grandpa finish the last two rows. We love the farm!


2 comments:

The Christians said...

The tractor pictures are beautiful and it looks like so much fun. We want to join in two years.

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

I am so jealous. I love that the Brackens are country at heart.