Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What if..... I were organized, I did not procrastinate, I remained patient and calm in all situations, I smiled and enjoyed every minute of every day? If any of this were true I probably would not have any friends because I would be quite annoying (this is my justification for being who I really am). I do however, have a few things in my life that are organized, I will still always procrastinate and patience and calmness are not words that I have fully come to understand yet. As far as enjoying every minute of every day I would say I enjoy about every 10, not to bad I guess. Wow all that rambling just to explain that I have a lot to blog about. I read on a blog somewhere before "Warning, picture overload" I would have to give the same warning this time.

A few weeks ago Jake underwent some minor surgery that kept him laid up for a week, have any of you tried to keep a five year old boy from jumping, running, wrestling and swimming. Not an easy task. As you can see he was much happier before the surgery and not so much after. Thank you for the special treatment we got at Mesa View Regional.



A few weeks ago we also went for our yearly trip to Island Park and Yellowstone. We meet up with our best friends the Monroes and this is how our trip went...

We stayed here, we drove in Rand's brand new truck much to his dismay it got dirty.

We ate here, the best breakfast in West Yellowstone, Cinnamon Rolls to die for!

We saw these...

We got stuck behind this...

We shared a picnic with these guys...

We wore these... Monroes and Brackens have a serious obsession with Keens.

We hiked here....

I cheered like this, oh the good ole days..

Rand walked on water like this...

We ended our tip like this, cute as a button with lots of smiles!

7 comments:

Everitt's said...

I love it! you are soo awesome!

The Hawkins Gang said...

You are a complete dork, but that's why I love you so much! LOL Nice on the way your trip went. Want to notice something scary... the one with Rand "walking on water" - the guy next to him almost looks like Jake. He stands like him, but it may be just noticing. I had to take a double take on it... But I just wanted to bring it to your attention haha... Love you guys! Give the boys a hug for me, even Rand! LOL

Ian and Lara said...

You are hilarious as always! Looks like you guys had fun! We miss you guys! Nice truck too!!

The Christians said...

that is great! I should quit saying this, but I can't wait to live close to you guys!

Julie said...

Wow, that truck looks exactly like Tige's! Rand must have been coveting it when we were there last month! Looks like a great trip to Yellowstone.

Morgan said...

Hey looks like you guys had fun. I have to close the party this Saturday. If you want you can tell me your order, or you can do it online at the ladies website, it's all on the flyer on my blog! call me if you have questions! 878-2143
Morgan

Brain Balance Mom said...

You guys have so much fun. I don't think I know anyone that has as much fun and goes as many places as you guys. It is amazing. Maybe someday I will go to Yellowstone - I have never been there - sad huh?
Your boys are SO darling. Can't wait to see what your next one looks like!