Monday, August 18, 2008

Miracles come in 3's!

So many things have happened lately that I need to blog about including our fun trip to Yellowstone that we just returned from. With that being said I have other things on my mind this morning! I was Reading my sister's blog today and she wrote about the importance of laughing out loud, so here is something that recently had Rand and I laughing out loud!

Miracle #1

When Rand and I were married we just assumed it would be so easy to start our family and go on our merry way. Oh how we were wrong! After trying for our little family to start for a few years we were given our first miracle in the midst of one of our saddest trials. A tragic accident took the life of my brother "Jake" and our family was devastated, however, knowing that our family needed a blessing of happiness we were sent our little "Jake" 9 months and 3 days later.

Miracle #2

How can one expect another miracle when given one so wonderful? I must be greedy because after Jake I knew we needed another child in our family so after 3 IUI's, 3 1/2 Invitro attempts and 2 failed adoptions we received another miracle in the form of a chubby little 4 month old boy. We were thrilled and wondered why we were so lucky to have received two miracles in one lifetime. Our home is now a much crazier place and we would not trade it for anything.

Miracle #3

Finally a feeling of contentment! We have our two boys and life could not be any better. However Heavenly Father had a very different plan for our family! Without asking we have definitely received miracle #3. (This is the part that has us laughing out loud)! We again will add to our little family with a baby due this February. Who knew it could happen? But then again, I have always loved the drama and shock value in life. We could not be more happy, now that the first three months have gone by and I feel great, we look forward to and exciting Winter with Jake in school and two little ones to keep us busy!

25 comments:

The Hawkins Gang said...

I'm so excited for you!! My mom told me a couple weeks ago but I didn't want to say anything until you said something. I can't believe this happened! You are such a wonderful person and you and Rand deserve everything life gives you. I admire you guys so much you don't even know.

Brain Balance Mom said...

Yipee! I am so happy for you guys! I got chills and tears while reading your post. You guys are the best parents and should have 10 more kids! I can't wait to see your big belly! I can't wait to see your baby!
I can't wait to hold your baby!
Okay, I am done now.
Congratulations!

Jamie W said...

Okay, so there is definitely something in our ward's water!! I am SOO SOO SOO excited for you! When I first started reading your post, I thought you meant you were adopting another baby due in February, but as I the end, I realized what you really meant! Hurray! I am so thrilled for you!

The Christians said...

I am so excited that our new little one will have one so close.

Hannah :] said...

Wow congratulations Shemrie and good luck. Love, Hannah your cousin Jennifer's daughter

Cox Family said...

Congrats! What a wonderful miracle! I could not be happier for you and Rand! I love seeing what your cute family is up to next!

Karen said...

Hi Shemri! Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys. I guess it was just really meant to be for little Braden to come first huh? It's great to see miracles like this happen! :)

Me and The Boys said...

Wow-that gives me the chills! I am so excited for you guys! you guys are the cutest family!

.mel. said...

YAY! I'm soooo excited & happy for you!!! Congratulations! Holy cow, babies everywhere!

Denette said...

Shemri,

I have to admit I have stocked your blog for months through Rosalyns blog. I just had to comment on this one. Congrats!!! The older I get the more I realize that every baby is a miracle.

You are such a cute mom. Enjoy those cute kids.

Jill Lewis said...

Oh My Goodness I am so thrilled for you!!!!!!! What fun, fun news!!! Oh, I am just so very happy for you. Yeah!!!!!!

Morgan said...

Shut the front door, I am so glad I checked your blog! I am so happy for you guys. Congrats!

Deborah said...

Great, now you have me crying. Congratulations!!! It couldn't happen to a better or more beautiful mom.

p.s. It's bottled water from here on out...I think there is more than just higher levels of arsenic in our "virgin valley" water...

tsroybal said...

Shem,

I came upon your blog through a chain of Marenna's. It has been so long and the last time I saw you, you just had Jake. I am so happy for you. You deserve all three of these little miracles.
Sandi (Cloward) Roybal. You can email me at Sandi_Roybal@utp.uscourts.gov

Mama said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!! so happy for you!!! how far apart will your babies be???
all our love, melinda and Jeff

Lance and Celeste said...

Congrats!!!!! To comment on Debrah's water comment, I have already stopped drinking the water, especially in our church building during our meeting time. :) I'm so happy for you!

Julie said...

We are thrilled for you. Knowing what you've been through--it really is such a miracle! Best of luck with your pregnancy.
Tige & Julie

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

This is a very good way to tell everyone. I know you are having a girl so you can buy all those cute 99 cent shirts you keep finding on sale! Then at last Kinners will have a girl cousin on our side.

Heather said...

Get ready for the swollen feet! I'm walking down memory lane. Remember the red dress? I'll miss the daily updates on this pregnancy. CONGRATS! You are awesome!
What if you have a girl?!!

The Van V's said...

Shemri,
Congratulations on your expected little one and adoption of your adorable little guy.
Your blog had me laughing, crying and remembering when we were kids. You and your family hold such a special spot in my heart, please give them my best.

Hugs,
Rachel Watts

NatPalmer said...

Oh my goodness! Your mom & I were talking last Christmas about how many people we know that adopt & then find out soon after they're pregnant. We can now just add you to that list!Congratulations... this is so exciting! :)
-Natalie

Elizabeth said...

Wow! 21 comments! You have lot's of stalkers! Congrats, I'm so excited for you guys! :) Liz

Everitt's said...

OH MY GOSH!! That is so exciting. I am thrilled for you guys. Isn't it great how the Lord works in many mysterious ways for us. WOW! I am really HAPPY for you. Congrats!

Rosalyn said...

I have tears!!!! I am so excited for you. I absolutely do believe in miracles.

Jaime Lynne said...

I am so happy for you, Shem. The journey you have traveled has not been an easy one but it is clear that you have endured with grace and faith. I look forward to keeping up with you on your blog and pray that all will go well with the pregnancy.

Love Jaime (Woodmansee) Lea, your partner in IFA crime