Friday, June 19, 2009

Italy Continued...

I had intentions of posting everyday while we were on vacation but as you can see it did not happen so here I go.....Rand and I took hundreds of pictures and I think Lee took thousands so I hope to put a few on here for journaling purposes and one day I will have to print them all out and get them in an actual photo album. Do you remember photo albums????? With this many pictures I would love to do slide shows but when I print my blog off the slide shows don't show up so I have to post pics individually so here we go!

First three days were spent in Rome. I posted some from the Vatican and the streets of Rome, here are a few more. If anyone thought Utah had a lot of churches they have not been to Rome, I have never been in so many churches. My mind is overflowing and I can't keep all the churches right in my head!
This was Charlene and I, amazed at yet another beautiful church, check out those pipes!

The Colosseum, I don't know how I feel about a place where sport was watching people kill each other or animals but it is history and to visit was pretty cool. It was like the movie "Gladiator" coming to life!

The men at the Vatican, they kinda of look like tourist don't you think?

Rand and I at the Spanish Steps, some guy talked me into buying three roses for 10 euros for myself! I gave them to three little girls!

Anyone who really knows me is aware that I fantasize about becoming a queen, if I would have lived way back when this could have been my castle, where I watched chariot races from my balcony. In this dream I would have had a great dress with a little bit of cleavage (can i say this???). Oh well it is a dream!

My favorite things in Italy:

Streets full of Vespas, everyone drives these!

If you don't drive a Vespa you drive a car so small that if there is not room enough to parallel park you just park the other way!

Most of the buildings are old and falling apart, but everyone has beautiful flowers outside their windows. I am a sucker for flowers!

2 comments:

jcwoods said...

Shemri, I have the same dream!!

Ian and Lara said...

Awesome pictures! And you look as beautiful as ever! So I just found you had other blogs, cute videos of Braden and Jake.