Monday, June 8, 2009

To Jake and Braden.... From Italy with love

Warning...The posts that I make from Italy are going to be a bit different because they are meant as a travel log for Jake and Braden! It is just easier to post pictures here then email them. So everyone else can pretend like you are my kids as well.

Jake and Braden.....Dad and mom are having so much fun in Italy! The only thing that would make it better is if you were both here with us. Jake we have seen lots of cool Roman Soldiers stuff and Braden there is Gelato (Italian Ice Cream) on every corner for you! We wanted to show you some of the things we have been doing! We are so happy we got to talk to you on the phone yesterday.

We flew into Rome first and even though it was morning here it was the middle of the night for us! We didn't want to miss anything here so we just went walking anyways.

Dad has been eating since we got here and he loves the pizza! It is very different then the pizza we eat from Little Caesars!

These are the Trevi Fountains in downtown Rome. If you throw money into them you are guaranteed a trip back to Italy, we threw one in for both of you!

There are huge fountains all around with huge statues. We saw some little Italian kids with water guns filling them up ready to attack each other! They were not very fair teams the big kids totally looked like they were going to ream the little kids.

We love the Gelato it looks like big fluffy piles of colored marshmallow! I wish I could bring some home to you guys!

This is The Vatican! The Pope lives here and we went all through this huge place I will tell you all about it when we get home. The Sistine Chapel was amazing as well!

Grandma, Grandpa and Dad are almost done with breakfast now so the rest of these pictures are of the Pantheon and dad being weird at the museum and me being weird in the middle of the street. Have a great day!






A huge thanks to Nana for watching you guys for me! Be good for her, love you!

7 comments:

Ian and Lara said...

Wow looks like fun! Are you getting any sleep? :) Thanks for sharing. Every day we wonder what you guys are doing over there that day.

Riss said...

You are quite the world travelers! I'm jealous. I don't suppose I will ever see Italy - Scott won't fly over the ocean. I guess it is a good thing I did the Europe thing before I met him. Have some fun for me!

Rosalyn said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I just read Angels and Demons and saw the movie, so it would be a lot of fun to see some of the places that were mentioned.

Jill Lewis said...

So Fun!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Oh, I love Italy! Have Fun!

Heather said...

Luckies!

tsroybal said...

I am so jealous of all the traveling you two do. That is wonderful and I'm jealous you are in Italy. How cool is that? Looks like you are having an amazing time.

Perky's Posts said...

What a trip!