Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Day

I love Memorial Day weekend for the fact that I always get to see my family and I always get to go camping. Two of my favorite things! I love that we have time set aside to simply stop and focus on all the people we love and who are not here anymore. This Memorial Day Weekend I found myself pondering in my mind of all the people who have passed just this year. I caught myself more than once chuckling at a memory of my big brother Jake or of my little ole Grandma Gressmen!

This year we also got to remember our little Jesse and were surprised to see this little truck from his Grandpa Bracken on his little headstone! I can't wait to put a huge bouquet of Spring Daises up there....Daises make everyone smile!

We had so much fun camping this weekend. It started in the Swell with motorcycles and my new yellow toy to match Rand's yellow toy.
This is my official complaint! Our little Braden the sweetheart that he is...turns into a "holy terror" in the car. He will not sleep and does not like to be strapped down. In the car we have blankees and binkys and treats and movies, who knew it took a rainy, bumpy 4 wheeler ride to calm him down. He fell asleep the next day on the 4wheeler too!


We hiked to some old Uranium mines posing along the way at old cars in the middle of nowhere!


We enjoyed the gorgeous scenery, I know it looks fake but it is so beautiful because it is by PRICE UT (God's Country).

We visited with great company!

We learned how to improvise from Delon, who knew pop cans could turn into spatulas?

The next couple of days we spent at the cabin up at Joe's Valley! I love this canyon and so do my boys! What a great weekend!



10 comments:

Mary said...

It looks like you had a great time. I miss the mountains and deserts near Price. We went camping there all the time when I was little. It still is some of my favorite camping spots I have ever been to.

Shelly said...

I am glad you enjoyed your weekend. There is nothing better than camping with family. I agree. They are two of my favorite things also!

Melinda said...

You guys are always on an adventure! I think it's great that you are able to do all that you do with your family! I love your posts. :)

Hopes Family said...

Looks like you had fun! You guys need to come up to the Uintahs again. But no sicklies allowed!!! Just kiddin' we could put you to work for sure.

Julie said...

Looks like a great, fun weekend. Lots of cute pictures. Can't believe your little guy could fall asleep on a 4-wheeler. Kids are so funny.

Rosalyn said...

Can you believe that your pictures actually made me homesick. I am surrounded by GREEN here in Washington, but I miss the Price scenery. Looks like you guys really had a good time.

Heather said...

I like Jesse's headstone.
Glad you had a fun weekend. Can't believe Braden could sleep on the four wheeler ride!

The Christians said...

I have never seen his headstone. I wondered if you went there. It is beautiful. We look forward to next memorial day with the fam.

The Hawkins Gang said...

Oh looks like you guys had so much fun!!! :)

Riss said...

I keep telling Scott I want a yellow 4 wheeler but he won't buy me one. I'm jealous. I'm sure mine will have to be camo. Do they make yellow camo?