Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dear Jake.......

Seven years ago on September 6th, I spent seven hours in labor. When the 8th hour began you finally decided to cooperate and when you entered this world you were a little wrinkly, a little bumpy and had a fantastic cone head. I still thought you were the most gorgeous baby in the nursery!

I started looking at pictures from the past and 1 hr later I am still going through pictures... I am in tears.... I don't have a blog entry ready... and I am left wondering where my little baby went! So here are some of my favorite pictures of you!
Love,
Mom






My little guy is becoming so independent now. He had his birthday with 14 of his friends and didn't need me the entire time. I guess I should be glad that he is confident and self assured but on the inside I just feel a little melancholy.





Instead of a toddler I have a seven year old in 1st grade! Even though he acts a little obnoxious at times, makes weird noises and can sometimes be a little stinky... I would have to say that I am as excited for this new phase of life with Jake just as much as I miss my baby. I have a little guy who is intelligent, loves to learn, an excellent big brother,can out hike me and still thinks I am pretty cool. I have had my little Jakey by my side for a long time now and I think.....he's awesome!
Happy Birthday!

8 comments:

Julie said...

What great pics and great sentiments from his mom. Happy b-day to Jake.

Colten and Megan said...

Happy Birthday Jake! That's a nice little tribute to Jake. I can't even remember him being that little.

Riss said...

I remember coming to the hospital to see that little guy. I can't believe he is 7! Where does the time go? Weren't we just living at the Village, climbing out second story windows to avoid obnoxious boys and stopping at gas stations to fix our make-up for the cute boys that lived downstairs? What the hell happened? I'm dropping my boy off at preschool and yours is 7!

tsroybal said...

Happy Birthday Jake! Wow, its hard to think of him as a 7 year old already. You have raised a great little guy, now boy, and soon to be man.

Team Bracken said...

I can't believe he's seven already! Cute pics, Shem!

Mindi said...

Jake was such a cute baby...what a stud! He is so handsome now! I love the crazy pic from the birthday party, looks like they had a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

I can't believe he is seven already! He is definitely a handsome boy!

Heather said...

The pregnant-with-Jake days will never be forgotten. Remember when he recognized my voice? That was awesome. He is quite the little man!