Sunday, October 11, 2009

To hunt or not to hunt? This is not a question!

WARNING.......... Pictures in the following post may be a bit graphic for little animal lovers like myself!

Anyone who knows me is aware that Fall is by far my favorite season. With this being said, Fall also makes me fully aware that I live in a house full of boys and I will always be doing really manly things in the Fall. We have been busy! Let me enlighten you with our activities of the past month!
We have been:
- scouting for elk
- watching shows about elk
- hunting for elk
- killing an elk
- talking about how cool the elk hunt was

Don't worry, elk hunting was NOT ALL we have done or talked about. Imagine how boring that would be, only having one type of hunt to occupy our time???

We have also:
- scouted for deer
- watched shows about hunting for deer
- hunted for deer
- killed a deer
- currently in the process of talking about how cool the deer hunt was!

Enjoy our hunting pictures just in case you were not so lucky to experience it for yourself!
A big shout of thanks to Dave Heath who helped bring the big daddy home! Just in saying that I feel sad because this probably really was some little Bambi's daddy!

I need not say a thing.....look at the faces on these men.. This is real live "man bliss"!

The future of rugged bearded men tracing through the mountains!

Elk hunting was so fun that Rand brought us along for the whole deer hunt. It was pretty cold but we still had a blast. My boys don't seem to feel the cold and so if they can be tough so can I! When else would I have been able to pick all my pine nuts?


My boys scouting the hillside...
If you are wondering why I am not in any of these pictures I will tell you just to kill your curiosity. I had been hiking up the mountain and fallen into a big cactus bush. I am on the other side of the truck probably picking cactus thorns out of my legs and arms and hips and butt pondering to myself..if this really is as much fun as I pretend in my head it ought to be!


After all his hard work the payoff was great!

Trevor Hunt was an awesome buddy for Rand and helped out tremendously! The only thing bad about this relationship is now Rand wants all the equipment that Trevor has and Trevor has convinced him there is no hunting without it!

At the end of it all I do have to say this:
I still don't love hunting, but I do love camping!
I still don't love smelly, stinky boy smell but I love full grown beards and a cute rugged husband!
I still don't want dead animal heads hanging on my wall but I don't mind seeing my cute boys pictured with them.
I still don't feel sad that the hunts are over but I just remembered the Utah hunt is next week. Oh how fun is this?

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Shem, I love reading your posts. They are my favorite. Just so you know, you make me jealous! Love ya, Liz

Melinda said...

Your posts are so fun to read! I wish I could write like you.

Colten and Megan said...

I am afraid this is just the beginning to many great and better hunts!

Riss said...

This is why you need a basement. Scott and I agreed before we ever got married that there would be no horns in the living room. Everything can hang on the basement wall. You may need a big basement but you won't have to see them everyday. Cute boys!

Julie said...

Wow, that thing is huge! Tige told me to come check your blog as he was very impressed. Sorry about the cactus incident. Did your hubby at least take a break from the hunt to help pluck them out?

Team Bracken said...

Shem, Dallin is still walking around in hunting boots when he gets home and continues to watch hunting shows....and about all the things that Trevor Hunt told Rand he couldn't hunt without....Dallin is talking too. He said he talked to Rand about optics and has since been doing more research on cool hunting gear! I think my hubby is living vicariously through yours right now!

tsroybal said...

Nice Elk and Deer. Oh how I miss the hunting days. Just hoping for a draw next year. Thanks for sharing. It brings back so good memories of back in the day.

The Hawkins Gang said...

You know you do have Gressmen blood in you right?? LOL we hunt, we fish, we camp, we hunt, we watch shows about hunting and you married into the Bracken family with the same blood! hahahaha You crack me up. Love the post!