Sunday, November 1, 2009

One Year Makes a BIG DIFFERENCE!

I would like to introduce you to Sappy Shemri (it happens every Fall)!
This is the time of year I love to be at home all cozy wearing my old college hoodies and eating cinnamon rolls - the big kind with more frosting than cinnaon roll. It is the time I think about family traditions and upcoming holidays. The season I really start to miss my brother Jake as another one of his birthdays come and go! But this year feels different, this Fall I feel all the sappy emotions that come with being me but I also feel very thankful.... why you might ask?

Did you think I wouldn't tell you why?
Reason #1
This year I have taken time to stop and smell the flowers! (I have stopped to appreciate everything I have been fortunate to be a part of or have!)

I have tried to see the world through a new perspective, I have asked questions and have learned to accept the answers rather they be good or bad! (I have learned from a two year old that sometimes you just have to poke a stick in a sidewalk hole just to see what will happen).

Reason #2
I am thankful because this year instead of mourning the loss of our little Jesse we are healing. He is a continual reminder of how thankful we are for our health.

My life has always been a little dramatic I just can't seem to do things without creating a little drama. Our little Jesse entered this world Oct. 29th last year in the middle of a crazy storm that doctors could not figure out. How appropriate that on his anniversary we visited his headstone smack dab in the middle of a wicked hail storm proving that life sometimes is consistent and drama will always surround me.



Reason #3
Look at these gorgeous boys! They have good friends and happy faces (sometimes a little scarry) how could anyone not be thankful for these little guys?

For those of you fooled by the camo look in the middle of the picture and there you will find Jake with his good buddy Broc!

Reason #4
Thankful.....why?????
Little Red Monsters and 7 yr old imaginations! Rand, Jake and I tried to persuade B-Man to be an army guy too but he would not hear of it. He had to be Elmo and I think a "little monster" suits him just fine. Love these little guys!


Reason #5
My "HOT Hombre"! I was super thankful for him but then I saw this picture! After all the years I put him through school he found himself a "little chica"! I think I could take her what do you think?

12 comments:

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

Shem, you guys look awesome in your costumes. Good job!!!! I still think it is funny that Drew and Braidon ended up both being Elmo. We have to get their picture taken.

Riss said...

Pretty happy faces amid sad reminders. Hope you had a Happy Halloween.

Ian and Lara said...

Wow Shemri, you look hot! Dark hair looks good on you! Great costumes! So fun!

Mindi said...

Cute post!

Mical and Diana said...

Shem I almost didn't recognize you. You make a hot little latina!

Unknown said...

K, so I need to know where you got your matching rainbow Latino gear. Pretty sexy. J lo and Marc must be so jealous. Miss you. Hope your Halloween was fun! SHAN

Heather said...

First of all, check out your sexy legs!
Love the post. You are great.

Team Bracken said...

Shem, you look fabulous with dark hair! Difficult time of year for your little family and your humility reminds me I should be more grateful. Thanks for the post!

Lance and Celeste said...

Shemri If you still want to run on the 21st go to mammothmarathons.org and register before the 18th. You gotta do it, it will be FUN!

Mama said...

you are one hot mama! Love your couples halloween costume! Hope you are all doing great, have a wonderful holiday!
love- melinda

McQuivey said...

Shemri, I heard Rand is doing some work in Winnemucca, our old stomping grounds!! Email me, conchito21@yahoo.com so I can get you an invite to our blog, I love to stalk yours!

tsroybal said...

You look great in your costume. What a lucky man.