Thursday, December 17, 2009

God Blessed Texas!

That's what the song said so I thought I would go there and see and for myself. What did I conclude? Texas is a "boot scootin", "cow tippin", "root tootin", "red neckin" good "ole time"! Yee Haw!

There is a cowgirl deep inside of me that was dying to come out and scream HOWDY the whole time I was in TX. But alas, I chose to stand picture after picture - quietly acting like a lady and pose for a very normal photographs with my darling husband.

Rand is standing on the exact spot where John F. Kennedy was assassinated. We visited the museum which I found quite interesting, I just thought it seemed a bit morbid to stand and smile on the exact spot, call me weird.

The best and most blessed thing on the whole trip was meeting this gorgeous guy! My new little nephew Kamron Dallas!

You may have been wondering why we went to TX anyhow? We went to cheer Dallin on for graduating! So for you Dallin I did a silent scream, "Yee Haw" and I kicked up my heels when you were not looking! Congrats!

We got to stand in front of Will Rogers Museum and when upon entering the doors I found myself amongst a million cowboys. I think our group stood out like sore thumbs, we were short about 12 belt buckles, 12 pair of boots, 12 hats and 12 inches of fluffy hair!

This awesome water park came next on the Dallas agenda! The waterfall was really cool other than the sign hanging to the side of it pronouncing that four people had died in the lower pool just a few years ago. Puts a damper on wanting to really jump in and explore the whole thing. Grandma Nell and I hung out on top!

I ask myself why wrap Rand around my finger when I can simply hold him in the palm of my hand!

The water park turned into a Bracken Family photo shoot, being a Bracken means that even if you don't like it... your picture will be taken every five minutes so you better just smile and pose! This really is quite different than my pre Bracken life where I had my picture taken about every five years.



Last but not least, we went into Fort Worth to see "real Texas". They even ran the cows with big horns down the middle of the street!

Whew! Good thing there was a seat for us to sit and rest our weary feet, I had to fight for it though. There was this really big guy wearing a cozy red suit sitting here before me but I sent him on his 'merry" way! At first I thought it might be Santa but this guy.... well he had to be....I don't really know! It was just some guy wearing a fuzzy red suit with a cowboy hat on! Only in Texas!

Does he look confused to you?

8 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh my gosh! That was too funny! I wish I could be a fly on your wall every day! I loved the picture of you holding Rand in your hand! I also loved all that "COWGIRL" talk! I didn't know you had it in you!! Anyway, we really need to plan a game night. I will talk to you after the holidays and we will schedule the night.

Riss said...

Love the picture of you holding Rand in the palm of your hand. Gives new meaning to the word whipped.

Ian and Lara said...

That is funny out of all the pictures that I have seen of you guys holding people on your hands, I finally got it with yours! Looked like a really fun trip!

Unknown said...

Actually, once again, Shan says: How fun! I laughed really loudly. First off, I have to say that your new little nephew is adorable. Good job Texas Brackens... And I loved your narrative. You're funny! I'm still sad we can't do our yearly "meet in SLC" session this year, but I guess we will all survive. You guys just need to stay home for awhile and put your boots up. K well love ya! SHAN

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a rootin tootin good time in Texas! You know how to have a good time. You are too cute!

Rosalyn said...

Tell me your secret Shem! You look great!!! (not that you never did). You guys are always on a lot of adventures. We take a lot of adventures but instead of driving there, we up and move there.

tsroybal said...

I love reading your blogs they are so entertaining. I would love to visit Texas, just to see all the Cowboys! Jealous of you for that. Sounds like you had a blast. Merry Christmas to your family from ours.

Denise said...

I am glad that you had so much fun in TEXAS! It is a great place to be. We wish we could have seen you. We did get to see your mom at Grandma and Grandpa's home on Christmas Eve. We miss all of the cousins and hope that you and your family are well.