My dream in life has become quite simple... I long to sleep in past 6 am but the kids are always up and rearing to go about 5:45. Well this morning I woke up at 6 am on my own and now I sit here at 7:06 am and you guessed it... My darling children are in sleeping kid bliss, isn't ironic? So I sit here thinking and drinking my hot chocolate while looking at the lights on a Christmas Tree that was first decorated by me only to be fixed and put in proper order by two crazy little boys.
As I stare at the tree I start to realize that 5 ornaments on one Christmas Tree Branch is beautiful and that reindeer ornaments placed head to head in attack position with a red bulb in between as a bloody battle is peaceful. I love that my tree has half unwrapped presents under it from a two year old and I love that most of my ornaments from the bottom have been picked off to be thrown as bombs and that the top half of the tree does not have very many ornaments because that is way to high and that the middle of the tree is heavy laden with red and silver bulbs sparkling off beautiful white lights. .
But in this silence I have stopped to reflect on something even more important. I shy away from personal feelings on this blog but at this time of year I realize how thankful I am for my testimony of the Savior, Jesus Christ. How humbling to think that as a baby was born in a stable in Bethlehem the world would forever be changed. I am thankful that I get to raise my boys in a country that they are free to choose what way they want to believe and what values are most important to them. December has been a crazy month for the Bracken Family and as the boys and I just returned from Salt Lake I am thankful for a husband who called his family together to watch a video on the true meaning of Christmas. I am thankful that he is a strong example to my children of what is important in life. I am thankful for family and extended family especially this time of year. I am grateful to know that because of the Savior, his life, his death and his Resurrection I to have the chance to be with my family forever. I will celebrate Christmas this year with a feeling of thankfulness for all that I have blessed with and I will rededicate to serve others in appreciation of all that has been given to me. Merry Christmas!
At 7:29 am I am now being called in by a two year old that is saying, "mom, come here, HUNGRY"! Jake is stirring and I have a feeling that my time to reflect is over !
5 comments:
I was planning on sleeping in too. I did... until 8 am. I enjoyed a good 20 minutes to myself!
Wow, 5:45 that is early. I at least get to until 7:00, sometimes. Merry Christmas my wonderful friend. Love you.
Merry Christmas Shemri! I hope that you and your family have a wonderful holiday season filled with love and laughter.
Merry Christmas! Love the family picture on your card. Give me a call when you get a minute. I have a story to tell you.
Shem, this was a great post. Thankyou! So I thought I'd tell you that I'm dating a guy who served in Brisbane too. It woulda been after you probably though. It would be interesting if you knew some of the same people.
Post a Comment